Skip to main content

This is the one, the great one you have been waiting for. Parents, you have been invited to tryout for Limom84’s 2005 Parent Showcase. Professional level scouts will be on hand to evaluate and rate your talent. If you are presently a baseball parent or hope to be one, this is the showcase for you. Our professional rating system and staff guarantee accurate results. See if you have the stuff to make it to the next level!

Our day is organized around three featured events:

The first event is the strength event. Folding chairs, blankets, umbrellas and thermoses must be carried a minimum length of one football field. Before attempting to carry any of these things, a 70-pound able-bodied six-year old playing a hand-held video game must be hoisted up onto one’s hip. Added points will be given to those able to carry him on their shoulders or piggyback style. A one-point deduction will be made for dropping anything, including the six-year old. A ten-point deduction will made for dropping the video game.

The second event is the mental agility event. Entrants will be subjected to repeated video viewings of their sons’ errors from seasons present and past. Full frontal viewing will be required as point deductions will be made for swearing, cursing, hair pulling and shutting your eyes. Those able to endure without their eyes watering, fists clenching or any unintelligible outbursts will be awarded one point. Points will be awarded for reserved displays while viewing your sons’ homeruns or striking out the side.

The third event is the speed event. Entrants will be timed on how fast they can make it to the bathroom and back to their seats. Mothers will be required to actually wait on the bathroom line before returning to their seats. Fathers will be required to use an actual restroom facility, as shortcuts will not be tolerated. Mothers may earn added points for taking any younger children with them.

Wives will be required to participate in a special fourth event. They will be given cel phones while watching their children play in a tournament. Husbands will call them at various intervals and ask the following questions:
1. What field are you at?
2. What inning is it?
3. What’s the score?
4. Did “Little Johnny” get any hits?
5. Who is pitching?
6. What is for dinner?

Those wives who correctly answer any ONE of the above questions will have serious potential to make it at the next level.

Feel free to add any other events that would prove you have what it takes to make it at the next level.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

LiMom84, I'm sorry I don't qualify. I can tell you the stats of my child both offense and defense. I can tell you strikouts per innings, number of no hitters, even the rankings of the teams played against beat. Well, I could go on and on. However, you're posting a baseball showcase for parents and so, I don't qualify. I have a girl. Now, if someone will only start one for Parents. BTW, my 40 or 60 time won't raise any eyebrows!!! LOL! Eek clap biglaugh
Last edited by CoachB25
Need to include the snack bar competition. Think our high school offers the best example: trailer, located right behind home plate....elevated just high enough to have no protection from the back screen (yes, there is a "slight hill" behind home plate)....with a large open window to receive foul balls....if you catch the ball before it lands in the chili pot....extra points! Thanks Limom....a good laugh....
Last edited by LadyNmom
limom84,
I have given serious consideration to your showcase event but do feel some revamping may be in line.....I do believe you need to divide it into 2 age brackets....the Middle Agers and the Geriatrics...you see some of us are on our last child here:
The strength category needs to address those who still have a 6 yo in tow and those dragging a walker or better yet a wheelchair...maybe add the 6 yo grandchild, sitting on a lap, holding a video, attempting to navigate ruts at all the bases especially homeplate....makes it more interesting if it has rained earlier
The second event is no problem for past events...can remember them vividly...problem is those in the geritric set can't remember what happened yesterday....
The third event is probably the most interesting...especially since the creation of attends...takes the geriatric set right out of contention...they win hands down...but to make it interesting you could have an event for those who have a grandchild in tow as Big Johnnie and Big Suzy have to work so it's up to grandma or grandpa to get to the field the youngin, babysit the siblings all the while trying not to nod off from exhaustion...but they are the hardier generation so I have no doubt they will be in contention...you know them...we were called "hippies" not so long ago.....afterall they did survive Woodstock Smile
And as far as your bonus category....we qualify for all those points just for still being able to watch little johnny perform and are not at some hall yelling "bingo"....
Hope this helps in determining how you will run the limom84 showcase....please don't make it too pricey...I don't think my social security check will cover the cost...and bear in mind I won't write a bogus check...don't want to stiff a showcase Roll Eyes
Last edited by catchermom03
A couple of questions before I sign up and pay my money:

1. I need to know which scouts have gtd. to be there and the teams they represent.

2. How soon will I get my evaluation? I expect it to be both printed and posted on the web.

3. Do you take a personal check?

4. What type of radar will you be using for the bathroom runs..........

5. Will you have a scale on hand to weigh us? Because I know my weight and I promise it is accurate I just don't do scales in public....(hey if they can lie about how tall they are I want to lie about my weight).

6. Do I have to be nominated to attend?

Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.