Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can pass on my son's assessment. He has used Wood for years in Summer/Fall Leagues and for all BP sessions;

"Wood is wood but Maple tends to feel heavier." The Brand probably only matters in that some may "look" more appealing to you. The big thing is how it feels in your hands. Determining factors or considerations are handle size, standard or flared knob, standard or cupped barrel end (these affect the balance/feel of the bat).

He settled on Mizuno as a personal preference and uses both ASH and MAPLE versions. Presumably you at least gave yours a few "test dry swings" before purchasing. If so and you were happy, and you have learned where the sweet spot is in relation to your hands, it will serve you well! Don't know what age you are, but judging by 33" bat length you are a Varsity player ...... you need to be working with wood! Good purchase.
Last edited by Prime9
Thanks for the information Prime 9. I am a varsity player but i just joined a wood travel team league.I bat fourth and i am a power hitter. I have always used metal and now i have to adjust too wood. I did take test swings before my purchase and liked the feel to the lS m9 33 inch. I was just wondering if i made a smart purchase or if there were any other bats i should be looking at.

Thanks again

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.