Skip to main content

http://maruccisports.com/returns/

If you look at the website the talk about the ban and the exchange policy. It is only the 33/30 that was banned.

The return policy is a joke.

Different size?? really?? lol
Two wood bats... yes what all high school kids need ... to break...

and the best for last.

Return and wait till mid-march till late march for a new Cat 5 bat
Pay 100.00 to get the Black Marucci right away.... hmmmm
(No talk of any refund..lol)

Every think their customer service didn't think this through. They might wise up and give the Black bats away as even trade to those with the 33/30 bats. If not there are going to be a lot of frustrated people that have the internet at their fingertips.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by DallasShock:
http://maruccisports.com/returns/

If you look at the website the talk about the ban and the exchange policy. It is only the 33/30 that was banned.

The return policy is a joke.

Different size?? really?? lol
Two wood bats... yes what all high school kids need ... to break...

and the best for last.

Return and wait till mid-march till late march for a new Cat 5 bat
Pay 100.00 to get the Black Marucci right away.... hmmmm
(No talk of any refund..lol)

Every think their customer service didn't think this through. They might wise up and give the Black bats away as even trade to those with the 33/30 bats. If not there are going to be a lot of frustrated people that have the internet at their fingertips.

Well it beats any offer that Nike gave to HS players that bought their very inferior bat this past year. Those kids got no restitution.....the only recourse they had was to purchase an new bat.

Marucci in a very short time (1) day they responded, gave multiple choices, they should be applauded. I'm sure they may have been notified before it was announced but given that, there is no way they could have R&D, manufactured and got ready to distribute replacements any faster than they have promised. One month!

Refund, really! If you purchase a bat from any other company and it breaks within the 365 day time frame they will only replace with the same bat, they do not offer for you to upgrade at all. I've tried this with 2 different bat companies. So the option to get the Marucci Black for only $100 as to $299 + give them a used bat that cannot be used is a pretty good deal, or just wait for the new one. If not buy a different bat, get the new 33/30 and sell it!
Last edited by Out in LF
So if you go to marucci Facebook page you see people stating they bought the bat Friday. One team bought 9 of the 33/30. I agree break a bat and get the same one. Manufacture a bat that is defective or fails the rating it is rated for... That's different. Pretty much any other produce out there (baby car seats as a example) either refund or upgrade, I know because we were part of that recall and got a better seat.

I think most would be happy with the direct replacement but waiting till half the season is over? No wonder they are not happy. Just because Nike didn't take care of its customers doesn't mean other companies can follow. I would just stay away from them and do agree, buy a different bat, wait for the replacement and sell it to someone else to deal with.
DS

The problem here is they gave you a defective product. It doesn't work as advertised. It doesn't meet the BBCOR specs. Period.

Where else in the real world would they get away with this? Give the people their money back, or offer the more expensive bat as a replacement with NO additional money. Otherwise all you have is unsatisfied customers.
Last edited by birdman14
What people fail to realize is that this bat has been on the market since April 2011.............and now it has just come to light that its not within compliance?

Come on! Just how many more bats are going to be banned when it has taken 10 months before this particular bat was discovered?

Shouldn't all the manufacturers be required to send in prototypes before mass production? Who's really at fault for this?
What really gets on my nerve about this thing is that in the same de-certification announcement they say ...

quote:
Finally, be on the lookout for the new Marucci batting gloves that will be worn by several big leaguers this season, including José Bautista. The batting gloves will be available this Spring.

Who gives a **** about new batting gloves coming out when kids are put in a bind last minute on a bat that should have passed all compliance issues already.

Then one of the options they give is to replace it with a new
quote:
BBCOR series in March to support high school teams

No details about the bat at this point so how is it even a viable option.

I agree with DS 100% on this one.
Last edited by jazzmik
Word is that more bats will be banned this next week. If the NCAA goes through with the next round of decertifying more bats, the whole season in college and high schools will be in turmoil. The only question at this time is how they are going to handle this problem. Two manufactures are involved with multiple models and lengths. Replacement bats might be hard to come by at some point.
quote:
Originally posted by trojan-skipper:
Guys, here is how ridiculous it is. They
Are all ready talking about going to another level of bbcor. Tamper proof. So we will be redoing the bats again in 2015... The science geeks will undo that in the blink of an eye...

Pass the wood please.

I was talking to a bat salesman this weekend and he said the same thing as bats will be redone again in the next two years. He did not say they was going to be tamper proof. I thank were getting as hi tech as we need to be. All that need to be is put baseball back in baseball. I played some good ball with wood post.
Last edited by gindog
quote:
Originally posted by Rholl:
Has anyone rec'd any feedback from Marucci on this in regards to replacements?? I sent info in last Thurs and have yet to hear anything back. At this point I plan to just go with Marucci black and just need to send in Cat5 and find out the method for giving them another $100.

According to UPS our CAT5 was received by Marucci at 10:30 a.m. on Friday. I called Marucci today and they said to expect a phone call from a Customer Service Rep within the next couple of days to handle payment and shipping preference. I had enclosed a check for $100 and they said they may accept that or just destroy it and take a CC over the phone. She said they are turning around the Black replacements in about 5 days (they are including Saturday and Sunday as processing days).

Hope that helps.
I work closely with Marucci reps and have a sponsorship through them , as mentioned the reason of the ban was a batch of three bats testing at .501 instead of the required .50. Marucci sent three more bats from a different batch that all tested good. Needless to say they are a bit unhappy with the NCAA ruling.

If I was a parent or player that individually purchased a 33 cat5 I would be a little upset with the return policy given.

But I do only have positive things to say about Marucci customer service as they are still relatively a small market in the alum bat world. ++ Expierences with Marucci

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.