Skip to main content

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE FIRST ANNUAL MARY ANN SHAPPI CELEBRATION OF LIFE SLUMBER PARTY!

Pop in anytime you can!
We already have Bailey's, Wine, and Chocolate, Yummy!!!!

Our theme for the evening is Pink Poodles (casual of course - robes, slippers, cozy PJ's or Fancy.
Shop in cyperspace and provide pics if you can or URL's.

We will also need lots of food, appetizers, snacks,
main course, deserts (if we like it - we want the receipe, so be prepared to share!)

We also need some fun games to play - whose got some?

Get Busy Ladies! We need to get this party staaated!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No11,...MA loved and trusted everyone!!
Please do join us!!!!

( Cant help it,....I feel a squeal and a giggle comin' on! )

There are just too many poodle cakes to choose from.
I like Lefty34's cupcakes better anyways!
Here's a thought,...perhaps we should order them ALL!

This one is pretty darn cute!
I'm liken' her attitude!

...and glasses for the bubbly!!
Cheers to MA!!!!

Party favors to take home:
Last edited by shortstopmom
Is it time for a bedtime story?

Posted by Mary Ann on June 15, 2007

Thought this was pretty cute and sometimes I wish she were still around for my 24 year old son and his wife ...

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school. He didn't want his mother to walk with him, and she wanted to give him the feeling that he had some independence, but she also wanted to know that he was safe. So she had an idea of how to handle it.

She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school in the mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't notice her. The neighbor said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.

The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor boy he knew. She did this for the whole week.

Finally, as the boys walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's little friend noticed the same lady was following them as she seemed to have done every day all week.

Finally he said to Timmy, "Have you noticed that lady following us to school all week? Do you know her?"

Timmy nonchalantly replied, "Yeah, I know who she is."

The friend said, "Well, who is she?"

"That's just Shirley Goodnest," Timmy replied, “and her daughter Marcy."

"Shirley Goodnest? Who is she and why is she following us?"

"Well," Timmy explained, “every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much.And in the Psalm, it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me all the days of my life', so I guess I'll just have to get used to it!"

May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today and always.

==============

Mary Ann
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8 [8/21/08]
I'm late to the party and truthfully have already nodded off on the couch... I was always one of the first ones to fall asleep at slumber parties! But I have to say this is probably the best sleepover ever... and it's certainly the pinkest! A beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. I'm on the prowl for a pink poodle for my keychain... something to help me remember how we are all connected, even when we only know each other through words on the screen.

If I start to snore, just roll me over!
I tried really hard to clean my room sooner! Really I did!!!!!!!

Hope I'm not too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I?

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I'm so sorry I couldn't be here before now.

I am so happy that curveball07 remembered to invite the penguins. I remember when I first discovered this website that Mary Ann had the cutest penguins as her avatar. I miss them. And her.

I want to eat the cupcakes that shortstopmom brought! Did you notice the pink circus peanuts? I LOVE them!
OK, I might be the first to fall asleep, but that means I'm also the first to wake up! So whoever took the video of me snoring in the chair last night - beware! You might fall victim to one of many slumber party pranks I learned over the years! Ha!

Here's me waiting for you all to wake up...

There are some truly adorable pink poodle things out there, but I gotta say - there's some that borders on plain ole scary! The guy on stilts walking the two "poodles" in the parade? Creeeee-py!
Ladies of the HSBBW,
I am so sorry that I was not able to make the party. It's been a tough week, first MA, then my aunt passed away the other day. Frown

If anyone thinks that this party was in bad taste, no way, MA would have approved, I am sure that she is smiling down on us.

Pink Poodles forever. Thanks FBM for being there for all of us, even when you weren't feeling well.
Last edited by TPM
Hi to All,
I'm an old timer who checks in a bit now and then. Son played college and threw a career ending slider which would not have had time to heal in time for the next season, so he took a spot on the staff and is graduating this year.
Back in the days when MaryAnn was Highlander Mom (and also Baby Back Mom for awhile if I'm not mistaken) we used to have a lot of fun on this site- actually that was before Bob gave us the pretty pink border. Smile

Just wanted to commend all of you that attended the slumber party for an awesome tribute. I think she would have loved it! Somehow it helps at a
difficult time.
Forgive me for my tardiness.

FBM gave me advice on many occasions. One I'll always remember was when my then freshman son had made the varsity. His team made the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. I had NO idea what to expect, so I came to the Ladies Forum where Mary Ann told me,

"And you might want to try and avoid too much caffeine during those games ... wires the system and makes you have to go potty too often ... wouldn't want to miss any of the action.

Congrats to your son and his team ... and have a ton of fun and enjoy the ride.

Mary Ann"

She was right! I rather dehydrate myself then miss any of the action!

Thanks for hosting the party, ladies!

Last edited by collikar
Ladies:

Someone mentnioned re-reading the TEE HEE thread. So I went cruising through it. In it, MA suggested a slumber party, and she brought a game with her - the very same Pink Poodle Pinata I posted here. I had no idea. It kinda freaked me out a little at first. Then I thought more about it and realized that it is just her spirit showing up to join us.

I'm off to search for more goodies to post.

ttfn
Dearest Friends of MA~

TPM made a reference in a post that maybe someone out there felt the slumber party was in bad taste.

That idea does truly sadden me. I hope no one, especially the Shappi's did not feel that way.
That is why when Curve suggested it, I opened a new thread as a Celebration of Life, and not related to cancer surgery.

If anyone took offense to this outpouring of love to our dear friend and mentor, please accept our sincere apologies. I am sure we all felt it is a way to cope, and still have some fun with our good friend, Mary Ann, we miss her so and were not able to be at her service in real life.
Peace.
quote:
Originally posted by iheartbb:
Dearest Friends of MA~

TPM made a reference in a post that maybe someone out there felt the slumber party was in bad taste.

That idea does truly sadden me. I hope no one, especially the Shappi's did not feel that way.
That is why when Curve suggested it, I opened a new thread as a Celebration of Life, and not related to cancer surgery.

If anyone took offense to this outpouring of love to our dear friend and mentor, please accept our sincere apologies. I am sure we all felt it is a way to cope, and still have some fun with our good friend, Mary Ann, we miss her so and were not able to be at her service in real life.
Peace.

I think your tribute to Mary Ann is appreciated and enjoyed by her. I have no doubt that she attended this virtual slumber party where so many shared special pink thoughts. She was laughing with everyone, I'm sure. To celebrate someone through something they would have enjoyed is a great way to remember them. I'm sure her family appreciates everyone's remembrances and celebration of who Mary Ann was.

I hope when Mary Ann's close friends and family look at this website, I hope they realize what an impact she had on people throughout the country.

Many of us just read way before we ever get the courage to post. Many have been praying for Mary Ann and her health issues, Marv ,and AJ & Katie that have never posted a single post. We've enjoyed and lived a little through them on AJ's journey.

I hope that they realize that we saw how important prayer was to Mary Ann's life and that we are continuing to pray for them - yes, in between postings of pink poodles and penguins! Prayers continue through this troubled time for their family!
Last edited by curveball07
quote:
Originally posted by curveball07:

I hope when Mary Ann's close friends and family look at this website, I hope they realize what an impact she had on people throughout the country.

Many of us just read way before we ever get the courage to post. Many have been praying for Mary Ann and her health issues, Marv ,and AJ & Katie that have never posted a single post. We've enjoyed and lived a little through them on AJ's journey.

I hope that they realize that we saw how important prayer was to Mary Ann's life and that we are continuing to pray for them - yes, in between postings of pink poodles and penguins! Prayers continue through this troubled time for their family!

Well, I have to admit, it was through a p.m. that MA, I, and several others started conversing
and that conversation had indeed branched off from the original public
" Tee Hee Giggle Giggle " thread. ( Which yours truely -and her big mouth- started.
Please forgive me. Not sure what had gotten into me that late April day. Eek!
Perhaps a nastey combination of lack of patience & lack of, heaven forbid, chocolate. )

It was kind of a hot time on the HSBBW, especially with a specific poster
( ahem, cough cough sputter sputter,) who shall remain nameless at this point.

MA suggested that we laugh and let humor guide us rather than our anger or unsettlement.
Thus,...one thing led to another and the idea of an old fashioned cyber slumber party was born.

Call us koookie, but at the time we hadnt decided if the theme should
be pink pigs or pink poodles. Poodles kind of had a 50's era attached to them,...the movie Grease
was mentioned,...its famous sleepover scene,...hair in big rollers, the good old days,...fun friendships,...simpler times,
and walah!
The party had begun.

MA sent those of us in the p.m., a pink poodle keychain in the mail as a special suprise treat.
( I posted a picture in a different thread )

At the time, little did I know, how even more treasured it would become.

To see that joy and fun relived here today as a tribute in her name, makes my heart smile,
...and I hope does the same for those who were most fortunate to have known her, no matter how little or how long.

MA was a baseball mom and the sisterhood of that group ( & occasional gentleman ) was special to her.
From one end of the Earth to the other,...distance is not a factor. No matter what stage of the game your son is at,
...us moms can relate and we support one another.
MA was GREAT at that.
She helped me often.

I never got the pleasure of meeting Mary Ann in person,...but I put a special voice
with her words inside my head whenever I read her wisdom and support,...
and that is the same voice I heard giggling
with us from up above the last few days.

I hope others heard it too.

Hugzzzzzzz & cheers,...... big fuzzy extra special, pink poodle ones!!
Last edited by shortstopmom
I don't know what I can add that has not been already said. I know that I am a newcomer to this site. i loved it from the moment I first laid eyes on it.

In that zest I at times have gotton in over my head and been sharply put in my place by others here. MA, TPM and shortstopmom have always been there to explain and encourage me by giving me pearls of advice like being a mom a hard job but being a baseball mom is the hardest job you'll ever love.

MA and the prayer list came at a very hard time in my life. I could not ask for help here because there are a few moms in my area that check this site and comment about what I say or do. MA checked up on us through Pms often & never asked for details just offered support.

I received this gift from a friend a few years back
I would wear it because it is cute but now I wear it with MA in mind. She is truely my baseball mom guardian angel. Though I never spoke to her or actually met her I will greatly miss her.

Throughout our entire slumber party Carol Burnett's closing song ran through my head.
I am so glad I had that time together. This weekend we again in her honor shared a laugh and sang a song. It seemed we just got started and before we knew it came the time we had to say so long.

God Bless Our MA!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.