Skip to main content

In a continued effort to steal some marketing thunder from the other clubs Wink, the Marshals will provide a "Farm" report on our clubs to those that are interested. I wont name our kids for doing good or bad, but will give you TEAM reports...

The 15u Marshals went 3-1 this past weekend at Austin College and Grayson College by beating the Mustangs, Panthers, Patriots and losing a game to the Tigers 5-4. This group is 15-3 and playing well for Coaches Ferrer, Mize and Self.

The 16U Marshals team went undefeated this past week by beating Mustangs Sharp twice, Frozen Ropes twice and beating some other league teams. This team is playing hurt as we have 5 out of 16 kids injured or just coming off injuries. With their league record, The 16u's are roughly 14-4. Great job by coaches Ostroff, Thomas, and Embry.

The 17u Marshals went 3-1 at DBU this past weekend by beating the Blackhawks, Dallas Tigers and Texas Rebels. Coach Tovar has thrown away the conventional baseball manual and has turned our team into the "Runnin McKinney Marshals".I think they are 9-8 on the season.

Last but certainly not least are the 18U Fightin McKinney Marshals under coaches Postema, Powell, and Asprion. This group had a good weekend going 3-1-2 at the Mustangs spectacular. This team is improving each week and will peek at the right time in July. I think this group is 11-7 for the year.

Take care and good luck to all teams this summer...

www.mckinneymarshals.com
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by catcher:
In a continued effort to steal some marketing thunder from the other clubs Wink, the Marshals will provide a "Farm" report on our clubs to those that are interested. I wont name our kids for doing good or bad, but will give you TEAM reports...

The 15u Marshals went 3-1 this past weekend at Austin College and Grayson College by beating the Mustangs, Panthers, Patriots and losing a game to the Tigers 5-4. This group is 15-3 and playing well for Coaches Ferrer, Mize and Self.

The 16U Marshals team went undefeated this past week by beating Mustangs Sharp twice, Frozen Ropes twice and beating some other league teams. This team is playing hurt as we have 5 out of 16 kids injured or just coming off injuries. With their league record, The 16u's are roughly 14-4. Great job by coaches Ostroff, Thomas, and Embry.

The 17u Marshals went 3-1 at DBU this past weekend by beating the Blackhawks, Dallas Tigers and Texas Rebels. Coach Tovar has thrown away the conventional baseball manual and has turned our team into the "Runnin McKinney Marshals".I think they are 9-8 on the season.

Last but certainly not least are the 18U Fightin McKinney Marshals under coaches Postema, Powell, and Asprion. This group had a good weekend going 3-1-2 at the Mustangs spectacular. This team is improving each week and will peek at the right time in July. I think this group is 11-7 for the year.

Take care and good luck to all teams this summer...

www.mckinneymarshals.com

CATCHER: INTERESTING... sounds like more than THUNDER ... Hope ya don't jinx the players by posting your FARM report. Sounds like a rooster is in the hen house to me.

I have seen the 16's and they are a very strong team (my hat off to your pitching staff).....hope they are still peeking and healthy when the rest of the teams start to play.
1. Peeking will be changed ASAP. It is my DISD education to blame...Not my fault...

2. Coach A, the grass at Parish is the height equivelant to Fenway-Wrigley...It helps the injured SS get to frozen ropes hit by frozen ropes.

3. Guilty. The FARM report is a subliminal marketing ploy to get more kids to our try-outs. The FIGHTIN MMBC is trying to grow, so I am trying to create a "buzz" with the report. I think some of the other orgs. do a great job of marketing their clubs, and I want to join in the fray.

humbly submitted,
catcher
quote:
Originally posted by catcher:
1. Peeking will be changed ASAP. It is my DISD education to blame...Not my fault...

2. Coach A, the grass at Parish is the height equivelant to Fenway-Wrigley...It helps the injured SS get to frozen ropes hit by frozen ropes.

3. Guilty. The FARM report is a subliminal marketing ploy to get more kids to our try-outs. The FIGHTIN MMBC is trying to grow, so I am trying to create a "buzz" with the report. I think some of the other orgs. do a great job of marketing their clubs, and I want to join in the fray.

humbly submitted,
catcher

For what it's worth.......

I was always impressed by the organizational skills along with talent level the Marshall's put on the the field.

Best of luck in the future...
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by Texan:
Hey catch, if you're gonna run with the big dogs (or the big tigers, anyhow) you're gonna have to start charging big bucks for those tryouts... Big Grin

Looks like bait to me. Not hungry enough to bite. Maybe when the rain stops and the evening bugs are out.

Texan, try a caddis fly......them big rainbows will always roll on one of those. Razz
On a serious note, I have always been impressed with the demeanor of the Marshals teams and coaches. They seem to be well organized. The players wear their unis with pride and hustle. The coaches seemed genuinely interested in teaching the game.

And no, Texan Son has never played for them so there is no self-promotion going on here.
DBG_Fan,
With all the rainouts, I asked the coaches to stop trying to add the schedule as it has changed so much.Below is a snapshot of our tourney schedule for each team:
1. 15U - NCTC College Tourney, Weatherford College Tourney, Grayson/Austin College Tourney, Baylor Camp, Premier 15U WS, and AABC State/Regional.
2. 16U - DBU Invitational, OSU Invitational, Premier WS at TAMU, Baylor Camp, MMWS Qualifier, SoTex Invitational in San Antonio.
3. 17U - Centenary (La) College Tourney, CM Reg Qualifier, DBU Invitational, DBAT Wood Bat Tourney, MCC/Hill Tourney, and AABC State
4. 18U - Metro Classic 1 and 2, DMBC Classic, CM reg Qualifier, Blackhawks Spectacular, AABC State.

The Marshals play in the same tourneys each year (plus or minus 1). We wear the same uni, have the same coaches (give or take 1-2), and retain an estimated 75% of our kids on each team. I think we do a good job of communicating to our players, Moms and Dads, we win more games than we lose and play good competition. Our cost to play for our team is pretty good and each team has 3 full time coaches...I am very proud of what we have accomplished in 4 years.
I can only speak for the 18U Marshal team. Coach Postema, Coach Powell and Coach Asprion are first class. My son has really enjoyed being on this team. These guys really coach the kids and talk to them. He has received more instruction from these guys than any other team he has played for in the past, that's also including the school team. I only wished he would have shown an interest in the Marshal organization before now. (Maybe I should have pushed him toward them.

Oh and he did not have to pay for the try-out Big Grin

Well done Marshals
Last edited by dfwdad08
Jafo,
Agreed 100%. We are young and growing and I am trying to generate buzz for our club for fall and 08 tryouts. I dont think the Mustangs, DBATS, and Tigers have to do these things as they have proven themselves in DFW. Please dont take offense...just a lil marketing...there may be a "diamond" out there that may be looking for a new club...thats all im doing...if its getting too marshal mushy...i'll have p-diddy shut us down...were just trying to create interest in our club...
Difference is that an initial comment was made by one individual that seemed to speak negatively about the Marshals, Mustangs, Tigers, etc. and that they didnt care about player development, etc. The initial reporting on their progress was great, just that comment that came in later seemed to get everything off track. As catcher stated, 75% player retainment, etc. They really do care about the kids and their progress. I could not see my son playing anywhere else. THANKS MARSHALS.
Last edited by madmacks
quote:
Originally posted by rangerspitcher:
quote:
It does seem funny that the Dragons were hammered, and the Marshals are not

maybe everyone sees the Dallas Dragons as more of a long term threat than they do the Marshalls. Besides it always that way for a new team. Everyone else starts protecting their territory. After all it is a business-right!

Incredible

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.