Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He is off to a great start. So fun to watch. Does remind me of Mantle physically and the speed.

Although he seems to have just come up this year and blasted off, know that he was up last year for some 40 games and 120ab's. He hit just .220 and was sent back down. Didn't play enough last year for it to count as Rookie season.

Looks as if he confidently has figured he can play at the highest level.

To me, so much smoother than Harper. Actually, there were more than a few insiders that predicted that he was and would be the better player of the two.
quote:
Originally posted by Prime9:
He is off to a great start. So fun to watch. Does remind me of Mantle physically and the speed.

To me, so much smoother than Harper. Actually, there were more than a few insiders that predicted that he was and would be the better player of the two.
Good comparison to maybe a 19 year old Mantle... Not sure Trout will have the ridiculous power that Mickey had though... I guess we'll have to wait and see.... I do know that Harper DOES have the ridiculous power that Mickey had, regardless of his "smoothness"...

Both players are a joy to watch in their MLB infancy though!
Last edited by Bolts-Coach-PR
quote:
Originally posted by Bolts-Coach-PR:
quote:
Originally posted by Prime9:

Good comparison to maybe a 19 year old Mantle... Not sure Trout will have the ridiculous power that Mickey had though... I guess we'll have to wait and see.... I do know that Harper DOES have the ridiculous power that Mickey had, regardless of his "smoothness"...

Both players are a joy to watch in their MLB infancy though!

The one with the ridiculous and legit power is his teammate Trumbo!
quote:
Originally posted by justbaseball:
Got my first chance to sit down and watch him last night. Geez, what a player! Despite his age, looks/plays much, MUCH older!

Plays the game HARD...good for the game. What a stud!

I was thinking the other night that it was like watching a piece of ML history.

He played in the TL in 2011 when Dave was there. I wished I had paid more attention at that time.

He's the type of player that makes others around him better players, just as Albert!
Last edited by TPM
Being an Angel fan in So Cal, we can see him on TV every game. By this time, my assumption is that the entire league has a scouting report on how to pitch to Trout, but he seems to be making adjustments quite well... As of his overall defensive and offensive play and numbers right now, he's currently the best baseball player in the league.

He plays the game of baseball the way Ronnie Lott played the game of football.

His swing is so short and quick, he makes hard contact (whether it be fair or foul) on seemingly every at-bat, and his walks, pitch selectivity and patience are not of a 20 year-old. He hit a 440+ HR to the opposite field last week, his hands or bat never came close to touching his shoulder or back on follow through.

He even looks like a throwback, no tatoos, crew cut, etc.
Potential once in-a-generation-type player. I guess I like him!
He is very impressive but I think I will wait a few years before I say he is the next best thing since slice bread. The sophomore year can be very difficult and baseball is such a difficult game to be good year and year out. That is what makes players like Jeter, Pujol and Cabrera so special. Only time will tell. I am hoping he can sustain it because he is fun to watch.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.