Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TR,
I saw it on a Tiger chat board, but I didn't see anything else to support it, nothing on the Tigers official site so was wondering who he was.

backstop,
FWIW, milb pays nothing compared to what they get paid as college coaches, most of the good pitching coaches in the country are found on the college field. The best pitching coaches in pro ball of course are in MLB.
I guess I did not phrase my initial post very well. I trust Leggett's judgment, but I would be curious to know more about the guy's background as a pitching coach. That's not to say that a non-pitcher cannot be a great pitching coach. Sully and Dave Duncan have both proved that. If he has worked his butt off to educate himself he may be better than some guy that pitched a little 25 years ago and hasn't learned anything since.

Disagree with bakstop07 a little. There are good college pitching coaches out there. But there are some that still teach kids to throw doorknob sliders.
Last edited by MTH
Those people are wrong. There should be an official announcement later this week.

quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
TPM,
From another site that has a lot of people who profess to "be in the know," the speculation relates to the pitching coach at St. Johns, not the head coach at St. Johns Fisher.
I agree with you rz. Jack Leggett was originally brought in as Wilhelm's assistant to take over the program when he retired over 16 seasons ago, I think the same thing is going on here as well. Jack will be hitting 60 before you know it, remarried in recent years and most likely is heading down the same path of retirement.
One thing about Tiger baseball, it has remained with the same coaching philosophy for decades, it's just the matter of finding someone who is able to carry that on in future years to come.
Last edited by TPM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.