Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I believe TPX runs an indoor showcase in southern NH In February. Northeastern runs a showcase that has 15-20 colleges in attendance In January. I think Tufts may also have something on the winter. You might want to call the New England Ruffnecks for information. I'm sure some of their players do winter showcases.

Originally Posted by CmassRHPDad:

Any Suggestions? I didn't see anything on PGs site.

is it too early to know at this point?

TIA

CMAss: Top96 has a camp in Danvers, MA on November 27-28. So far there are 12 schools to attend.

http://www.top96.com/_event_display.php?de=4933

We usually ended up going to FL over December break for the mega school showcases for the experience, exposure & to get away from the snow.

Originally Posted by Ripken Fan:

Any Suggestions? I didn't see anything on PGs site.

is it too early to know at this point?

TIA

CMAss: Top96 has a camp in Danvers, MA on November 27-28. So far there are 12 schools to attend.

http://www.top96.com/_event_display.php?de=4933

We usually ended up going to FL over December break for the mega school showcases for the experience, exposure & to get away from the snow.

I wish we could. No Fla money. 2015s tuition is steep!

Ok I found a few. Is it better to attend a scouting promotors showcase (PBR, PG, UA), or a college sponsored showcase (Franklin Pierce, Merrimack, SNHU), and why? The Lynn Invitational looks pretty appealing if my 2018 is accepted. 

As a sophomore you could really go "either way", showcase or camp because it is still early in the recruiting game. Has your son put a list of schools that he would consider (probably most sophs don't)? If your son is targeting an area (New England, e.g.), then a camp (College sponsored showcase) might do especially if a couple of the target schools are in attendance. If he is still pretty much open to a lot of possibilities then I would suggest a promo showcase where a wide number of schools are there (Top96/PBR/PG/UA). You can get more bang for your buck. As you will see, you'll also find that the college camps tend to be lower, with the cost directly often proportional to the number of colleges there. Ask yourself, is son a camper, prospect, or recruit (small r) ? As a RHP Dad, you'll get attention if son has MPH.  Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.