Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

20Dad,

Are you helping out with the Portsmouth team in that fall league this year? Are they still playing on Sunday mornings? I'd love to stop by and say hi.

My son is concentrating on conditioning and basketball (He will most likely be STA's starting center this year) this fall.

We are also working on revamping his baseball swing and fine tuning the pitching mechanics.
We may be attending a 1 day workout event at UMass-Lowell in early Oct.

Also, How is your older boy's rehab coming along ?
CoachC - I believe Jim Sanderson started the league along with someone else soooo many years ago that there are adults around here that played for him. He coaches the Nashua Bandits. I believe the league used to have 10 teams but the schedule for this season lists Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack, Londonderry, Bedford, and Keene. Teams play each other twice, all games are played on weekends at Riley Field in Bedford, and the schedule runs from Sept 10th through Oct 29th.
NHFundamentalsDad thanks for the good words. There is still a long road ahead. Being 6'5" like Matt would of helped speed things up. That would be great to see you everyone at a game, hopefully i would be on the mound. Is Matt looking at any colleges for baseball as well? As a lefty with his size, everyone knows theres a fit for him somewhere.
nhfdad
yes once again another fall,best time of year to play.in my opinion anyway. umass lowell great school ,good baseball as well.
don't forget the new england compact? i think thats the name. if you go to any ne school and take a major thats not offered in nh you pay instate tuition.uri offers textile marketing,no other ne school has it so it knocks tuition down quickly.something to consider in your school search. good luck with it and enjoy it.
rehab is going great if he worked on his arm and elbow like this all along he might not have needed tj.
matt could be the starting center about anywhere wholly cow.do we play sta?i don't think we have a teacher that tall. good luck maybe we will see you this fall.
20dad,

I knew you had to be involved in the fall ball. I'll try to stop by the fields some sunday morning.

I am glad the rehab is going well for your son. I'm sure you have heard by now the news on the young Minnesota pitcher. I saw the ESPN highlights last night and Jeff Brantley was breaking down his mechanics and how throwing so many sliders with his delivery has probably caused the problem. Brantley thinks its the UCL in the elbow...18 to 24 months!

Basketball....

Yes we play you twice , and I believe we are both in the Oyster River Christmas Tourney as well.

We are also playing you twice in baseball in the spring. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of each other in the next few months.

Thanks for the info on the colleges too, I appreciate that. We are trying to pry out what he think he wants to do. I am quite certain it will be math oriented, but not sure in what direction.

Have a good... and safe fall !
NHSlinger,

Well being his height does have some disadvantages as well. Drivers Ed was an adventure as was trying to find a car for him.
From what i am told i guess he is quite an attraction getting in and out of his car (96 Taurus) at school.

As far as college goes, he still has a lot of work to do to fine tune his skill set for that level. He did not pitch during the HS season, but went 2-0 for his legion team and did pitch a few innings at the state tournament as well.

He is also trying to figure out what it is he wants to focus on as far as the academics go. We know it will be somethin gto do with math, but wether its in the engineering area or teaching area he still needs to figure it out.

Good Luck To You in Fall Ball !
coachc
first year in class I it still sounds funny hearing the new schools we will play.i'm still of the class L mind set,but the numbers are the numbers. we just need new rivals.
we have been going to cooperstown every other year for a game with hampton.do you guys do this?
looking forward to meeting you.
20dad,

Come on now,...your going tolove those rides to Monadnock, Stevens, ConVal....etc.

It should not be too bad. Your playing us twice, probably twice with Oyster River & Coe-Brown. those trips are pretty short. You will probably also have Kingswood and Laconia on the schedule too. Those are under an hour. Kennett (No Jeff Locke this year) is just a little over an hour.

CoachC is about an hour away as is Milford, Souhegan, Pelham and Pembroke.

Welcome to the Class I train!

Add Reply

SPECIAL JUNE OFFER for HSBaseballWeb customers: Free batting gloves with every purchase!

Link copied to your clipboard.