Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Bring it:
Not a bad poll, but you kill any credibility you might have by putting Little Elm as an "others". They will not win a single game in 9-4A for the second year in a row.

Polls are a very subjective thing. Little Elm is listed in the others catagory becuase the have 7 wins, yes they haven't played anyone of note, but they still have 7 wins.
heights is a team to watch... what did you think of kelly.. it's very early but wary of a small lefty who has pitched a ton in his career and had to shut down last year...

fyi: walker kelly lost his first hs game to mighty colleyville, 7-1, in his comeback.. now 29-1 for his career...

it's awful hard to put a 2-3 team as No. 1 but heights will get ranked...and I had an pro scout tell me to drop ryan when i showed him a list that had them higher... the life of polls

guyer appears very hot right now.. need to shake out with them for sure
Guyer plays no one in their pre-district schedule they come into district every year on a high note cause they have been beating the 2A and 3A teams they play. Then reality sets in and they get it handed to them. They have a good group of kids and should be competitive in the next couple of years but as of right now they just don't have it in them. They are in a tough district that no one really notices both Denton and Denton Ryan made it to the 3rd round last year before losing heart breakers in the 3rd game. The you have Rider who is always competitive. I just don't see how you can say Guyer can compete when their "Ace" pitcher hasn't won a district game his entire career. It's time for people to start noticing what is going on at Denton High they lost the two most powerful hitters last year in Dustin Riley and Preston Springer, and yet they still fill the holes like every year and are 5-0 in district. Expect their game tuesday against Denton Ryan to be a star filled night. There will be 5 players who have already accepted college scholarships and more to some. It will be a heated rivalry and could be the turning point in both teams seasons.
Denton High is the team to watch in 5-4A. Kinzey is a good coach and has some quality athletes at Guyer, but High has an established program and big talent. Although most on this board don't know the chess game that has gone on in Denton ISD athletics since Guyer opened, it is noteable that DHS baseball has not only survived but flourished. Mulkey, Baker, Dozier, Andress and the other Broncos should be playing ball well into May.
quote:
Originally posted by dallasblog.com:
heights is a team to watch... what did you think of kelly.. it's very early but wary of a small lefty who has pitched a ton in his career and had to shut down last year...

fyi: walker kelly lost his first hs game to mighty colleyville, 7-1, in his comeback.. now 29-1 for his career...

FWIW, he's 5"11+ which isn't exactly small. He's pitched a fairly limited # of innings in his hs career. And I wouldn't really called it a "comeback" per se as he's never missed a hs start, just sat out the fall. He looked good against Rowlett.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.