Skip to main content

What the heck is up with all of the new World Records in the Olympics? What is going on? I'll grant one or maybe even two would be broken ...but it seems like ALL of them? Do you suppose it's the "S" word? There are too many to be a coincidence.

I sure hope not.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Homerun04:
They are tested before and after each race.....

Yes, we should finally see an end to the illegal champions due to "s" in the Olympics. That is until another way to cheat the system is discovered.

As for the swimming records, I like 44's assessment of the "fast pool". Big Grin Or maybe for the past four years these athletes have actually been working hard to prepare for their once in a lifetime shot at an Oylmpic medal.
Yeah swimming is one of the more tougher sports in the olympics. The thing that is different are the suits. Speedo came up with some kind of special suit that repels water or some kind of sciency stuff.

There was a big ruckus over it and one camp wanted to ban them which is kind of crazy. Everyone has the same opportunity to use the same suits. Keeps everyone on same ground.

You know something that irks me is how people say basketball players are the best athletes. They can't hold a candle to gymnasts, swimmers and other sports you see every four years.
The men's gymnastics is freaking AMAZING!!!! What an awesome opportunity for the 2 alternates on the team----they sure made Gatorade out of the gators! I feel badly for the loan alternate....what a heartbreak. Also heartbreaking was the American swimmer, forgot her name, who lost the gold medal by 7 hundreds of a second. WAAAHHH!!!!! cry

I'd love to know more about the story about the kid whose father was a Soviet gymnast. God bless the USA!
Last edited by play baseball
quote:
Originally posted by 2Bmom:
I love the Olympics! Swimming, gymnastics, weightlifting, equestrian, volleyball, you name it. But...is anyone else really glad that synchronized diving is over...?

Here is an interesting article about the swimming phenomenon: Swimming records fall: Is there something in the water?

No kidding...they felt the need to drop baseball, but we have to endure beach volleyball and synchronized diving. Come on, two guys in speedos whispering to each other before they do the exact same dive at the exact same time. YUK!
Is ballroom dancing still an event at the olympics? I think if it still is an event it would qualify for Sports Illustrated's "Sign of the Apocolypse" if they keep ballroom dancing over baseball and softball.

Another useless event is badminton. I watched about 43.8 seconds of it last night. There were NO volleys (I guess that's what it's called). I think I saw a guy "competing" I had PE with back in 1992.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.