Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is the fall roster. That website always seems to be behind. First home game of the year coming Wednesday, followed by a home series next weekend. BTW...I've heard Chance Veazey was going to stay on the active roster. Will the NCAA give GA some sort of waiver to keep him on the active roster and not loose out on a roster spot? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't care if GA had to give up five spots to keep this young man on the active roster but was just curious.
Mid-Atlantic Mustangs,
Veazey is a true freshman who earned the starting 2nd base job in the fall. Shortly after, he was on his scooter leaving study hall and a car pulled out in front of him and he's paralyzed from the waist down. Good baseball player but an even greater young man. I think there are several threads about him on this site.
Veazey is doing as good as can be expected. He's picked up with his classes he was taking in the fall and finishing those up at home. He still makes regular trips to Athens to watch practice and plans to make the trip up for as many games as possible. His hometown of Tifton, GA, the university and entire state have rallied behind him and raised money for his recovery. In fact, during the GA/GA Tech football game the Tech baseball players went around to tailgaters and raised money for him and his family. It was good to see two teams put a rivalry behind them and work together for such a great cause. Veazey has channeled his energy to hunting. Ryan Klesko, former ATL Brave, has land here in GA and has taken Veazey hunting on this land as well as land in Texas. He killed a nice buck on Klesko's land. I've heard they are planning to do some sort of outdoor show with Veazey in the future. Former GA SS & now 2B for Chicago White Sox, Gordon Beckham, has invited Veazey to be his guest for a game in Chicago. Coach Mark Richt and the GA football team visited with Veazey while he was in the spinal clinic.

Sorry to be so long but to sum things up, Veazey is doing great considering the hand he has been dealt. From what I've been told, physically he's doing great but struggles mentally on some days. Keep this family in your prayers!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.