Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks titans153. Lee and WP ended up splitting the DH so while a couple games are still missing, unless someone tells me otherwise, these are your tourney matchups:

MON 5/11

(8)Lee at (5)West Potomac
(7)Hayfield at (6)Annandale

WED 5/13

(TBD) at (4)TC Williams
(TBD) at (3)South County

FRI 5/15 - semifinals at Lake Braddock HS

(TBD) at (2)Lake Braddock
(TBD) at (1)West Springfield

MON 5/18 - final at Lake Braddock HS
Patriot semis:

(3)South County 3 (2)Lake Braddock 2
(1)West Springfield 15 (4)TC Williams 0

The SC/LB game was very exciting, all the runs scored in the 1st inning. Seth Jordan a 3-run HR for SC. LB had bases loaded in the 7th but couldn't get the equalizer.

The WS/TC was..well...not very exciting. The only people I feel worse for than the TC players are the fans who had to sit and watch it. Mercifully it ended after 4.5. Springfield only had 5 hits.

So..

Title game 5/18 at Lake Braddock

(3)South County @ (1)West Springfield
With WS the clear favorite, will SC's bats show up 1-9. 1st game 6-9 carried them, 2nd game 1-5 did the work. Is Wahl at 100%? I heard he got beaned at practice....any truth to that or is it just another smokescreen. Eitherway this should be a very entertaining game, hard to beat someone 3 times in a year. If they do then they're truely deserving of the title. It won't be easy.....
It was a great pitching game. Both the pitchers for both teams were great last night. Kent must have closed in on 100 pitches too. Miller was the hot topic in the stands throwing 164 pitches, but someone that was standing nearby heard him pleading with the coach to stay in - apparently he is going into the police academy and considers this week his last pitching days and he really wanted that district championship against his much more highly touted rivals. He won the debate the first two times Luther was pulling him but Luther cut him off after the third debate started. I agree that no kid should be throwing that many pitches, but the rest of the story makes it a bit easier to understand. In any case, he pitched an incredible game and even though he didn't get the win, he can certainly retire (if the rumor about the police academy is true) knowing he out-pitched Kent and Wahl in this game.
I asked Miller today at BP how he was feeling and he said,"I'm a little tired but I could throw today." Kid loves to pitch and has a rubber arm.
Story of the game went as follows: SC had 2 harmless innings at the plate, WS went 1,2,3 in the 15th.The 16th Renner flew out deep to right and Digby made another sick catch against the foul fence, Morgan doubled, Tobin hit one off the wall which again was almost grabbed by Digby, Wahl was walked to load the bases and Snook squeezed in Morgan. Congrats to WS, they deserve it!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.