Skip to main content

Does anybody have any experience with the PBR VA / DC Individual Player Evaluations?  Aside from the number of players attending, what are the other differences?  Do you get everything in the individual eval. that you would get in the regular showcase?

Would you recommend doing an individual eval. or a regular showcase?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We used PBR VA/DC for a regular showcase event.  It was a one day event.  Arrived at 8am, stretch and throw.  60s were timed (twice) then they were split into groups.  Outfielders took fly balls while infielders hit off a tee for exit speed. Each player was given about 5-8 balls to hit off a tee in order to get reliable numbers.  Infielders and outfielders swapped.  Then they came together as a group and hit BP (10 swings).  When it was over, catchers had pop times checked and pitchers threw a bull pen.  We'll run event, very organized, and I would do it again.  Heck, I probably will if my younger son decides he wants to pursue baseball beyond HS.  

We did the PBR south event last summer, at Nansmond River in Suffolk.  There were a handful of staff to include the VA/DC director (Sammy Serrano).  There was also about 8-10 colleges in attendance.  It rained very hard the night prior, up until 3am.  Most didn't think the event was a go so some colleges didn't attend. The standard "in state D3s" were there as well as a JUCO or two.  There were some smaller D2s there as well.  Maybe a D1 in the shadows?  The results were sent out to all colleges and yes the school that recruited my son was not in attendance.  They did say that they received the report in him from PBR VA/DC.  It's worth it.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.