Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great moment. Yeah the girl tossed it back, but what happened immediately afterwards is the real keeper for that family.

Of course, MLB has gone heartlessly cold on this, and hopelessly proprietary. By systematically taking down the all YouTube posts of the feel-good video of the season, they are going greed over good will. Look for it again soon with a corporate logo pasted all over it.
Last edited by spizzlepop
Young dad reaches out over the upperdeck railing to make a heck of a catch. He turns to his young daughter (maybe four years old) and hands it to her with great excitement, everyone smiling, knocking knuckles, clapping, Yeah!!!! Pure joy.
Daughter instinctively throws the ball back onto the field (well, probably the lower deck) - ( you know, someone gives you a ball, you throw itSmile

She immediately leans into dad for a hug, he engulfs her in his arms smiling all the way.

You could see mom off to the left with younger baby, smiling and laughing in amazement at what was happening. It was just one of those feel good moments. The dad, never for a moment showed disappointment that they lost the ball. He just hugged her amd laughed it off.

It all happened so fast and seemed like such a fun moment.

(I believe we are all getting a tired of seeing the bad stuff over and over. And now that there was something sweet to share, they take it off utube and will probably try to make money off it) Roll Eyes
Thanks IheartBB for the explanation and thanks K Complex for finding that video and posting again. That was pretty sweet what the dad did.

I'm going to say something that might be a little ugly and I don't really want to hijack the thread nor am I getting onto anybody on here. This is just an observation of how our society is.

Why are we surprised that the dad reacted like that? It would seem to me that is the required action a dad would take with their child in any situation like this. How many bad parents are out there that this reaction is now treated as the exception? I know in my school I'm at now it's not uncommon to hear about how a kid gets kicked out of the house because the child and parent get into it.

If you all feel this detracts from the whole point and purpose of this thread please edit / delete my post or let me know and I'll edit it. I'm not trying to start any drama over this.
Hey Coach,

I see what you are saying here but what I thought was special was that there was NO reaction from Dad that indicated any displeasure.

I thought to myself when I saw the video "would I have been so full of joy that I would just continue to enjoy the moment?"

I could see myself reacting with disapointment after watching the ball I had so skillfully caught tossed back by my daughter. I might have caught myself quickly and realized that I should be enjoying the moment, but there was none of that on this fathers face. Just pure Joy and Love. Very refreshing!
I hear you coach. It's almost weird that we get so fired up about a simple pure act of love. Happens all the time, but it doesn't often make the evening news. Imagine if the guy was a jerk and yelled at his kid! We'd be bashing the guy's lights out, and it would get real ugly, but it would be just another sad human interest story.

I'm not sure that the positive response is merely a reaction to the unexpected, it's just that this moment was captured so perfectly on tape you can't help but smile watching it. Lots of bad parents out there for sure. It's about time one of the good ones got some air time. If something like this inspires even one kid from a bad family to be a better parent, then I hope we see a lot more of them.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.