Skip to main content

at Highland Park... Poteet took 1-0 lead top of first on sacrifice fly.. HP RF Seth Gardner almost had the out at home, but catcher dropped ball..

HP P Jonathan Perlman was dueling with much-more experienced Teddy Nowell ... HP had runners on third in the 3rd, 4th, fifth no runs and Teddy up to 119 pitches...

Poteet goes up 2-0 in top of 6th.. CF Taylor Wilcox singles to right after missing a squeeze attempt that cost Poteet an out and a lot of momentum...

Nowell rallies in 6th and 7th 3 Ks on 22 pitches good velocity.. final out with no one on as Wilcox crashes into wall in right center to catch towering fly by Gardner for final out
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats to Poteet on a well played game. Best OF catch to end a game I've seen in a long long time. Teddy pitched well. Lots of pitches for this early in the season. HP didn't get timely hitting when they had runners in position; but tip of the cap to Poteet for making the plays when they needed to. See you guys again on April 4.
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S.:
Originally posted by tychco:
Love all the experts here...everyone is different. Unless you are the player, parent or OU, why do you care?

Because there are no games, and I am bored. Frown

Robert S.--Sorry, I probably lost my hero status with you.
Frown
Friends, I'm going to shut this topic down. Let's avoid dwelling on a single situation because it may imply that coaches are irresponsible. We have the pitch-count discussion every year and there is never concensus -- why? -- because there is no definitive answer. Kids are different, situations are different. Yes, the topic is a hot one at times. If anyone wants to continue, start a new topic. In this case, all accounts have this kid throwing harder than ever. He is healthy and has a bright future. And I know he has some good people watching out for him.
Link copied to your clipboard.