Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Weather is kicking everyone schedules all over the place...our son just got back from 7 day road trip and only got in part of the games. These are games that can't be rescheduled. I have been to only a few games this year that I didn't freeze my buns off---It is baseball season right? Midwest teams deal with this weather issue all the time...you kind of get used to it :-)
Bob,you are so right. My son's 14U team has already had 1 tournament snowed out in late March and the 2 that they have played in were washed out on the 2nd day.Instead of a possible 17 games played , we have played 4 and all 4 were run rule or time limit games. We go to St. Louis this weekend for a pretty high end show. Hope the lack of games does not hurt us.
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Sanders:
Weather is kicking everyone schedules all over the place...our son just got back from 7 day road trip and only got in part of the games. These are games that can't be rescheduled. I have been to only a few games this year that I didn't freeze my buns off---It is baseball season right? Midwest teams deal with this weather issue all the time...you kind of get used to it :-)
It's global warming.

What is rain you ask Hawk?

You folks in the more arid regions of our great country may not be familiar with rain.

To answer your question, rain is water or moisture condensed from atmospheric vapor which falls in drops and eventually impacts the earth's surface.

It's a fascinating process Hawk. When rain occurs throngs of people will line streets and boulevards just to watch the tantalizing action on the paved surface.

The exception or scourge to all of this excitement is virga, an observable streak or shaft of precipitation that falls from a cloud but evaporates before reaching the ground. Talk about disappointment!

If you're ever up this way give me a call...I've got rainy season tickets right up front on the curb!

Last edited by gotwood4sale
Ohhh...I remember now....

(From the Daily Wildcat)

I remember well the first time I ever remarked to an out-of-towner that I liked the smell of rain. She gave me a curious, sideways look. "Rain doesn't have any smell," she answered.

The unique scent I always identified with rain actually comes from the whiff the creosote bushes give off when they're soaked with water, mixed up with the earthy odor of drenched dust. It's a familiar scent to anyone who's encountered a rainstorm in the Southwest, but it's decidedly unfamiliar to anyone who hails from the East Coast. It's a pleasure known only to those willing to brave the crushing heat of the rest of the year, the weeks we go without spotting a single cloud.

We forget to cherish our rainy days. They come and go like dreams - dreams of a better Tucson, a desert without scorching suns and maddening insects, a desert where the air is always rich with an unforgettably rich smell. And, like so many other things in this life, they're gone before we know how to appreciate them. Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.