Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son has attended a couple of camps at UA. The last prospect camp he attended was in the late fall.  He really enjoyed it and yes, the coaches were on site and very much hands on with the players during the entire camp.  At that time, Todd Butler (who is now at Wichita State) was the hitting instructor and was in the cages with the boys the entire time.  Likewise, Van Horn was in and out of the hitting barn watching the progress and then on the field during the defensive portion of the camp coaching up the boys and really taking time to talk to them about the game.  We found the coaches and the Razorback players to be accessible and very willing to provide instruction in all phases of the camp. The tour of the athletic facilities and other buildings is amazing!  

Son did not attend this camp. However, just keep in mind that these camps are a revenue stream for the coaches. I'm not saying that they are not helpful, in most cases they are very helpful for a teaching and understanding the game prospective. Just don't get confused and think they are recruiting your son. 

Our experience was that camps that have a lot of different coaches(DI, DII, DIII, NAIA & Juco) were better opportunities to be seen/recruited.

I must say, my son did enjoy them, so I'm sure your son will as well. It helped him to become more confident when the time came to communicate with RC that were interested.

Good Luck!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.