Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by hokieone:
Good grief, 10 inches on the ground, with 10 more coming.

If they play the D III football title game in Salem, Virginia today (11:00 a.m. ESPN), it should be a sight as the snow is coming down heavily, with winds picking up.

We have 8 inches here in Rosedale. A friend of mine has 12 inches already. Crazy
I love global shifting. We had a dusting a couple days ago while it is snowing 20 miles south in the Buffalo area and 60 miles north of Toronto. We live 100 yards away from Lake Ontario and other than the dusting we have had no snow on the ground.
My son is driving to Raleigh NC from Wilmington today in his fiancé's mothers brand new car. My wife tells me the weather is not great there . We have our fingers crossed.
sorry, no snow in metro Buffalo today Smile But I will build my sons outdoor rink today

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
I love global shifting. We had a dusting a couple days ago while it is snowing 20 miles south in the Buffalo area and 60 miles north of Toronto. We live 100 yards away from Lake Ontario and other than the dusting we have had no snow on the ground.
My son is driving to Raleigh NC from Wilmington today in his fiancé's mothers brand new car. My wife tells me the weather is not great there . We have our fingers crossed.
This may be the all time blizzard in December within the DC Metro.

A blizzard is more severe than a winter storm.
The public should be advised not to travel at all.

I expect the Government to close on Monday.

Our backyard reads 18 inches has accumulated so far.

For those who have the capability, see if you
can drive a nurse / doctor to the local hospital.
Bear, I was stationed in D.C. back in 1978-1981 while in the Marine Corp. and I think it was 1980? D.C. had a storm like this and it took about 1 week to get things back to normal. I remember there being a lack of snow removal equipment down there, they just are not setup for snow like this in the Md.,VA,D.C. area.
I hope all the "Right coaster's" are safe and doing well. When the roads clear, and you get shoveled out you'll be able to enjoy the winter wonderland like we've been able to.

My twins ski team got out and stretched their legs yesterday Air temp 30...water temp 37.

The 2 on the second row...........Look Dad, no hands......Upside down on a frozen bar

........................Then again, some others really had a screw loose

But this says it best

Click on the link for a short video clip from their Childrens Hospital benefit yesterday Snowflake
Last edited by rz1
Merry Christmas Y'all

On the last day of Autumn 2009, this is the view from the top of our driveway in Northern Virginia (350+ feet to the bottom). A good 20" of snow was droped on us in about 18 hours.

Southpaw Son (a Clydesdale) was supposed to have his first indoor track meet today, where he was to run against the Thoroughbreds as part of his conditioning & speed program. Instead, he spent 10 hours with a snowblower and shovels doing driveways & earning $$$ -- getting paid for conditioning.

Reports are that some of the other "aspiring athletes" in the neighborhood spent the day with their video games while their parents shoveled the drives.

Another proud papa day, when my guy reminded me through his actions that he will separate himself from the pack in life.

Last edited by southpaw_dad
I lived in California for twenty-two years. The weather was boring. I never liked sandals. I hated it being 70 and sunny on Christmas. We're definitely having a white Christmas this year. I can't imagine this going away in a week. In fact it may snow on Christmas. I had a great time watching the snow blowing over the ocean today. Shoveling is good exercise.
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
I lived in California for twenty-two years. The weather was boring. I never liked sandals. I hated it being 70 and sunny on Christmas. We're definitely having a white Christmas this year. I can't imagine this going away in a week. In fact it may snow on Christmas. I had a great time watching the snow blowing over the ocean today. Shoveling is good exercise.

RJM, I agree 100%.

However,wearing a hat with a brim, spittin' a seed that doesn't freeze before it hits the ground, and drinking a liquefied coke while watching some baseball doesn't sound so bad. As a Dad I'll take the "other" for now and wear a wool hat, suck on a Halls, drink some hot chocolate, and sit on a snowbank watching a waterski show.

That almost sounds like "Baseball Dad Purgatory" Red Face
Last edited by rz1

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.