Skip to main content

Might not matter if the Brew Crew win the wild card.

Webb,Haren and Johnson just might put the cubbies down in order in the first 3 playoff games!

This is a very real possibility as the cubs havent had any success VS these 3. In fact Randy Johnson has had the 3rd best success VS the flubs than any pitcher VS ANY team in the history of the game!

There will be NO pirates,braves or rockies in the playoffs. Without these NL weak sisters the cubs are 20 games over .500

SQUIRM on cubbie dudes!
Last edited by soxnole
OK, If you really want to break down the schedule Soxnole, check out these numbers.

Sox vs. ALC Teams 36-21
Twins vs. ALC Teams 36-21

Sox vs. ALE Teams 12-18 (ouch)
Twins vs. ALE Teams 9-16

Sox vs. ALW Teams 16-12
Twins vs. ALW Teams 16-18

And how many games would the Sox be over .500 if they did not play these sub .500 inter league games.

vs. Giants 3-0
vs. Pirates 3-0
vs. Rockies 1-2
vs. Dodgers 2-1

There will be no wildcard team from the ALC that's for sure.
Was at todays game, wonderful atmosphere as usual. Cubs playing well and getting breaks too. Could be the year Rosy but that Az. staff scares me and they're still the Cubs.
Sat about 20 rows up straight behind the plate. Marmol's stuff was truly electric. 94-95 heater and 84-85 filthy slider. It'd be a neat fall if Cubs hang on and Sox get in as well.
Good to hear from Denis and Soxnole, while FBD can't be far behind.

Soxnole, the only squirming being done right now is that diaper leakage coming from your Sox fans.

If you think that these 2008 Cubs with Lou at the helm are thinking about the 100 year famine, you're wrong.

Denis, I truly believe this is the best team that you and I have seen on the Northside in our lifetime. Depth like they've never had and lots of pitching. Denis, fearing any other team now is just that old Cubbie baggage rearing it's ugly head. Think about the opponents trying to figure out how to beat this group, when they've won something like 7 series in a row.

Denis and FBD, we're all alike. We'd do anything to see the Cubs make it to the WS, while many, many Sox fans would rather not play in the WS if it meant losing to the Cubbies. How's that for feeling inferior?
Last edited by itsrosy
Some thing snever change, but some do! How about those Cubs? Rosy you are right, this is the best Cub Team in my lifetime. No squirming until the playoffs start and all fans will be squirming then....no guarantees!

Just had a great trip bringing my son to school in Baltimore. Stopped in Pittsburgh to see The Cubs winon Monday and then went to Camden Yards and saw The White Sox win on Tuesday. Who says it can't get any better? Sad part is that it too easy to get good tickets in both parks.....two great historic franchises that don't seem to be doing well.

Anything can happen in the psotseason if you can get there........the question is will The Sox get their act together in time? They drive you crazy with their inconsistency...they should have put The Twins away by now.
Last edited by FastballDad
I agree on PNC. It has most of the charm and the coziness of Wrigley and all the modern amentities as well. Maybe my favorite non-Chicago Ballpark. The area isn't too shabby either....when I first went there a few years ago I was pleasantly surprised with downtown Pittsburgh.

I liked Camden Yards as well but not any more than any of the other new parks I've been in. Of course the Inner Harbor area gives you a lot to do before and after the ballgame.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.