Skip to main content

Funny story coming out of spring training from Jerseyson.

He called last night and said he had pitched against Cole Hamel in a minor league game that day. (I guess Hamel was doing a rehab start).

He went on to tell me how good Hamel was. To use his words he said he was "sick". (at least he didn't say dope Big Grin) When I asked him how he did in the game JS said ... I did well but there certainly wasn't any confusing which one of us was the World Series MVP. Smile

Gotta love this game!
Last edited by jerseydad
quote:
Originally posted by jerseydad:

He called last night and said he had pitched against Cole Hamel in a minor league game that day. (I guess Hamel was doing a rehab start).

He went on to tell me how good Hamel was. To use his words he said he was "sick". (at least he didn't say dope) When I asked him how he did in the game JS said ... I did well but there certainly wasn't any confusing which one of them was the World Series MVP. Smile

Gotta love this game!

That is a great story! Smile It reminds of the time infielddad's son got to hit against Randy Johnson. Another one was when Zack Duke faced Curt Schilling in a minor league game. Of course, Zack has since progressed to the next level as I suspect Quinton will sooner rather than later Smile Great picture of the young man btw! Powerful lower body!
quote:
Originally posted by ClevelandDad:
quote:
Originally posted by jerseydad:

He went on to tell me how good Hamel was. To use his words he said he was "sick". (at least he didn't say dope) When I asked him how he did in the game JS said ... I did well but there certainly wasn't any confusing which one of them was the World Series MVP. Smile

Gotta love this game!

That is a great story! Smile It reminds of the time infielddad's son got to hit against Randy Johnson. Another one was when Zack Duke faced Curt Schilling in a minor league game. Of course, Zack has since progressed to the next level as I suspect Quinton will sooner rather than later Smile Great picture of the young man btw! Powerful lower body!

CD,
Thanks for remembering. Big Grin

Our son claims ownership of Cole Hamel. Lifetime average of .667(2-3 on opening day of 2006 in the Florida State League.) Does that count?? Eek
Another kinda cool spring training moment.

I was channel surfing this afternoon and came upon the Pirates-Phillies game today. I looked up and saw my sons roommate getting an at bat in the major league game. Pretty cool for a 19YO rookie getting a chance to go up against Brad Lidge. (he walked) When I mentioned it to Jerseyson tonight he was just as excited about it as if he was the one in the big league game.

Way to go Robby Grossman, may this be the first of many big league at bats!
Last edited by jerseydad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.