Skip to main content

My son is a 6'-3" RHP who also plays 1B. He played in Orlando on the Dr Phillips JV squad and will be playing again this spring. I am trying to find out how I can locate all of the travel/showcase teams in the central florida area and when they will be conducting tryouts for summer 2011. I have located some by word of mouth and internet, but I am sure there are more.

I want to be sure that he will be on a team that will challenge him, but also be at the level that they can give him enough playing time, and will be attending the appropriate tournaments.

Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Go to the USA Baseball site and see what is available to your son for his age.

USA Baseball selects the team that will represent our nation in international play, but seems to have a problem marketing itself.

Her are a list of Florida 16 and unders from the June tournament that ended on the 28th

All American Prospects Blue FL
All American Prospects Red FL
Bullets Baseball FL
Columbus Explorers FL
Coral Springs Diamonds FL
Falcon Baseball Club FL
Florida Bombers FL
Florida Diamond Pros FL
Florida Hardballers FL
Florida Hawks FL
Florida Linedrive Baseball FL
Florida Pokers FL
Florida Stars FL
FTB Mizuno FL
Game Time Academy FL
Gatorball Baseball Academy FL
Miami Snappers Blue FL
Miami Snappers Green FL
Orlando Reds FL
Orlando Scorpions Black FL
Orlando Scorpions Purple FL
Palm Beach County PAL FL
Palm Beach Select FL
RBI Baseball FL
Red Raider Baseball FL
South Florida Bandits FL
South Florida Elite 2012 FL
South Florida Elite 2013 FL
South Florida Elite Black FL
South Florida Huskies FL
South Florida Maddogs FL
Southwest Florida YardDawgs FL
Tampa Bay Warriors FL
Tampa Panthers FL
Team Impact FL
Team Orlando FL
Team Worth Florida FL
Top Prospects Nationals FL
Triple Threat Baseball FL
West Florida Panthers FL
quote:
Originally posted by Quincy:
USA Baseball selects the team that will represent our nation in international play, but seems to have a problem marketing itself.

Aa far as I know, unless things have changed, they choose players from those teams for tryouts, not the whole team.
quote:
Originally posted by DPElite99:
..... I am trying to find out how I can locate all of the travel/showcase teams in the central florida area and when they will be conducting tryouts for summer 2011. Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions

Try contacting my friends,
Mr. & Mrs. Saladino, Brandon FL.

Each would be sensitive to your request.
Sir,

I was trying to decipher your needs as
it's not clear to me what you seek.

What do you seek?

The POC's I recommended are not in Central Florida, so your requirements as I have understood them remains rather cloudy.

Brainstorming a bit, there are other HSBBWebber, who may fill some gaps / redundancies for you in the Central Florida area.

I was also thinking maybe informally contact the ~25+ FLA College Programs. To start, USF Head Coach Terry Rooney and his Asst's may shed some light on the Central Florida area.

Another thought are a few and legendary FL HS Baseball Head Coaches may be able to scratch your itch. (and you would need to locate the logistics on each). Ron Brooks comes to mind, and another is a
FLA 'Wisconsinite' Rich Hofman - Piper HS

I have seen a FL HS Baseball newsletter (might cost you to obtain) that assimulates admin type data
(that you may be interested in)

The list from Quincy appears complete, and is
an approach for you to consider.
(and you would need to locate the logistics on them)

It appears clear you are trying to help your HS underclassman son as best you can, yet it's not clear you have agreed with yourself on the process you elect to take.

kappish?
Last edited by Bear

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.