Skip to main content

Several years ago we had a thread where posters listed their sons summer teams.  Out of it I got to meet several guys in person.  We found out we were right near each other several times and just did not realize it.  I think this can even include sons playing summer college league, minor, or pro ball.  I would love to support your kids if they are near where we are at.  I always go see kids I coached during the summer in minors or college league. So I will start it.

My son is playing with the 17U Kansas City Royals Scout Team and Upstate Mavericks 17U Black Scout Team.

He will be with Royals at 17U WWBA, 17U BCS and 17U PG WS in Arizona.

Last edited by PitchingFan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

GLCL for the Lima Locos.  It's his third year with them (and last).....heck of a game last night and the team gets great crowds.  Not sure what I'll do with myself next summer.

The second week of August we (son, daughter and I)  are heading to Florida for a much needed vacation.  Gonna catch some MiLB....Fort Myers Miracle (probably a couple times) and then the GCL Tigers if his friend who just got drafted is still there.  If anyone happens to be down there, let me know. 

Son is a rising sophomore and is playing in the GLCL for the Xenia Scouts in Ohio.  Came out to watch him this weekend and we lucked out —  last night he had his best start of the summer against the Jazz.  Fun time.  Really nice facility too.  Going to catch several more games over next few nights.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.