Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Today is one of symbolic importance.
On the other hand, it is just one day in the lives of many which have been forever changed and tend to, in my view, be forgotten the other 364.
I have a good friend locally who has a son about the age of mine.
Each time we see each other, finding out how the son's are doing is part of the discussion.
Our son's took very different paths..mine to Milb. His to Irag and Afghanistan.
As luck/no luck would have it, both ended up with career ending shoulder issues.
For my friend's son, he has been medically discharged.
For his arm/shoulder, he is to receive whatever care and treatment he can obtain through a very difficult, cumbersome and inefficient VA system. At about age 28 or so, he is left with an arm he can barely raise to shoulder level.
For this he has been awarded a disability pension.
He receives about $100 per month.
Something very, very wrong about the picture, in my view, very wrong....and he is just one disabled veteran. There are so many, many more, for sure.
I am sure today will be one for politicians to "use" politically. I'll bet not one of them has the political courage to acknowledge and do something for the next 364 days focused on improving the quality of life issues resulting from the medical impact on our returning veterans.
Last edited by infielddad
Is it just me or does a story like this just send you over the edge too? Why isn't the political correctness crowd being tolerant of this great kid's beliefs? Honoring his grandpa who is a veteran. Our U.S.flag...not tolerable. A real headscratcher for sure.

Trust me, I'm a very tolerant person. Having respect for my fellow man comes easily. But it sure seems that this whole political correctness movement, or whatever you choose to call it, is structured around the premise that none of us are capable of being decent if left to our own devices. What hogwash!

I'm now admitting that I am not tolerant. What?! That's right....gotwood4sale is the lowest of the lowly. I'm intolerant when it comes to accepting political correctness! There...I said it!

Tolerant? gotwood4sale?

Last edited by gotwood4sale
We should everyone of us make a point to thank a Veteran. Too few, in todays America, fully understand putting Honor and Country above all else, and perhaps risking your life to do so.

As a USAF Veteran with parts of two tours in Vietnam and other Southeast Asia sites, and a parent of an athlete privileged to attend college and play baseball while others willingly protect his freedom to do so, I am most grateful!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.