Skip to main content

The thread and topic don't bother me but I do think it is odd that someone is keeping a "list". I feel quite sure that it is probably an incomplete list....why not just comment on players within the thread ..... compiling a "list" makes it looks like someone has evaluated and approved each of these players. JMO

To give encouragement to those that have not made the "list"....some of the best players that I have seen over the years flew "under the radar" until they committed to their respective D1, D2, D3, JUCO, etc.
Last edited by cheapseats
I am sure I will get blasted for this but why not credit those 2012's who actually did make contributions to their varsity teams last year instead of listing names of kids off various rosters who may not even play varsity this year? There should be some kudo's extended to Metzger, Byrum, Schwanke, Hermelyn, Hernandez, Edwards, Sherrod, and, yes, even Thompson. They, among others who I may have unintentionally slighted, already have varsity skins on the wall. Some even had "senior" worthy numbers as 9th graders.
Great post BigTrain! Those young kids who made significant contributions to their respective varsity teams should be recognized. All of the names listed in your post will be fun to watch and follow over the next few years. I am sure there are many more talented kids in the 2012 class but impossible to know em all -- no matter how much bb we watch!
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Sometime soon, many of you will look back on some of these discussions and wonder why you let even a thread of negativity influence your son's HS baseball careers. The time goes by quickly friends.

Guys, wisdom here, from the aging one.

It matters not whether someone gives your favorite player props on this forum.

Each will get his chances on the diamond, and those who matter will see.

Players will work to help their teams win and are the last to care if someone mentions them here.

Ones who have the ability to play beyond HS...will.

HS goes by faster than you all would like to think.

(Format of this post stolen from the great Former Observer)

Fun, ain't it?
Last edited by tychco
quote:
Originally posted by bambinosdad13:
Why no mention of any kids from the DBAT Southwest team?

When my better half told me of her post (above)I basically said there was no reason to ask why this player or that had not been mentioned; just mention them.(Good reply txbball14 Big Grin) I also told her that the HSBBW forum was, from what I had observed, NOT like others that we have seen that had a lot of sniping, backbiting & innuendo. Then some posts started proving me wrong. I agree with Panther Dad; No negativity needed here. Let's keep the comments positive. We are all baseball fans & fans of not only our kids but others as well. I have enjoyed hearing about some of the young men mentioned here that I have not had a chance to see play yet. Hopefully, in the next 4 short years I will enjoy seeing many of them either play with or against my son.
Last edited by bambinosdad13
quote:
Originally posted by hardnosedgamer55:
-Brett Byrum (2012)/ Rowlett/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram, Dallas Tigers- Autrey
-Jovan Hernandez (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ DBAT Mustangs- Bothun
-Jacob Thompson (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Kolbey Carpenter (2012)/ West/ Dallas Tigers-Ingram
-Sam Hearn (2012)/ Grapevine/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram,Dallas Patriots
-Austin McDonald (2012)/ Plano West/ Texas Cardinals
-Jherremya Leuta Douyere (2012)/ Keller ?../ Texas Blackhawks 14u
- Christian Gonzales (2012)/ Colleyville/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u
-Tiger Smith (2012)/?/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Dallas Alderton (2012)/Parish Episcopal /DBAT Mustangs- Blue
-Mike Hoffman (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Nick Hendrix (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Heath Donica (2012)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Collin Sherod (2012)/ Naaman Forest/DBAT Mustangs-Johnson
-Taylor Perez (2012)/ Mansfield Timberview/ Arlington A's

-Nick Gillespie (2013)/ Rowlett/ Dallas Tigers- Oldham
-Stephen Calliet (2013)/ Mabank/ Banditos Black 14u/ Houston Banditos 16u
-Holden Grounds (2013)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Sheldon Neusse (2013)/ Keller Fossil Ridge/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u

A few more of the names in the 2012 & 2013 classes to look out for next year. They all are making impacts on their summer teams and they will possibly make an impact on their Varsity teams next year.

So how do you like your list now hardnose? Any of your predictions hit?
quote:
-Brett Byrum (2012)/ Rowlett/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram, Dallas Tigers- Autrey
-Jovan Hernandez (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ DBAT Mustangs- Bothun
-Jacob Thompson (2012)/ Rockwall Heath/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Kolbey Carpenter (2012)/ Plano West/ Dallas Tigers-Ingram
-Sam Hearn (2012)/ Grapevine/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram,Dallas Patriots
-Austin McDonald (2012)/ Plano West/ DBAT ?
-Jherremya Leuta Douyere (2012)/ Moved to California
- Christian Gonzales (2012)/ Colleyville/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u
-Tiger Smith (2012)/Episcopal School of Dallas/ Dallas Tigers- Ingram
-Dallas Alderton (2012)/Parish Episcopal /DBAT Mustangs- Blue
-Mike Hoffman (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Nick Hendrix (2012)/ Arlington Martin/ DBAT Mustangs-Phillips
-Heath Donica (2012)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Collin Sherod (2012)/ Naaman Forest/DBAT Mustangs-Johnson
-Taylor Perez (2012)/ Mansfield Timberview/ Arlington A's

-Nick Gillespie (2013)/ John Paul II High School/ Dallas Tigers- Oldham
-Stephen Calliet (2013)/ Mabank/ Banditos Black 14u/ Houston Banditos 16u (not playing Banditos this year)
-Holden Grounds (2013)/ Corsicana/ BLBA Black
-Sheldon Neuse (2013)/ Keller Fossil Ridge/ Texas Blackhawks 14u/17u

A few more of the names in the 2012 & 2013 classes to look out for next year. They all are making impacts on their summer teams and they will possibly make an impact on their Varsity teams next year.

I would say 17 of them and one is in California. So more than likely 18 of them making a difference at the high school level.

Not a bad prediction at all.
Last edited by brownbear1919
quote:
Ah, thanks! Where did he leave in Cali. before coming here?

Not sure, my son played with him/against. Great kid, and family.

A few other boys (frosh) starting and doing well for their school.
Duran,C LHS OF/P Dbat-Johnson pitched 51/3 scoreless innings vs SLC to get the win 4-3
Buentello,N LHS 1B Dbat-Johnson homered against FM
Deaver,B LHS RF Pro-Source
Last edited by Out in LF
My son's name wasn't on "the list", but played Varsity last year as a freshman, is now a sophmore on Varsity. He is pitching strongly, on the DMN news list of top area pitchers, plays for a prominent summer team in Dallas! Who cares if a kids name is on this list?! We certainly don't, because we know that whoever started "the list" couldn't possibly know ALL the good players. No one should get their feelings hurt, it was just a topic starter. No biggie! I loved tycho's comments!
Hey Just Sayin, let us know who your kid is. From my perspective it is amazing to see and hear what these younger kids are doing in the great game. I have only gotten to see the young ones from 85-A this season but Man, they are fun to watch, and I have been able to follow others in the DMN boxscores because of these lists. It isn't always about trying to get accolades for your kid, some of us really enjoy and appreciate the talent in this great metroplex. Tycho is absolutely correct, but on the other hand it sure is exciting when I watch UT play for example and the metroplex kids I have followed in HS do something special.
I will send you a private message so you know.

quote:
Originally posted by bbisfun:
Hey Just Sayin, let us know who your kid is. From my perspective it is amazing to see and hear what these younger kids are doing in the great game. I have only gotten to see the young ones from 85-A this season but Man, they are fun to watch, and I have been able to follow others in the DMN boxscores because of these lists. It isn't always about trying to get accolades for your kid, some of us really enjoy and appreciate the talent in this great metroplex. Tycho is absolutely correct, but on the other hand it sure is exciting when I watch UT play for example and the metroplex kids I have followed in HS do something special.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.