Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by T-Bird Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
How is Southlake looking? Anyone know about Carrolton Creekview?

Southlake Carroll should be strong on the bump with Chase Reid leading their staff. Don't know about their bats, but you win with pitching and defense.

You can have pitching and defense. I’ll take pitching and hitting! (See this article for the reason why.) “Baseball Fielding And Its Implications”

And let’s not forget that Southlake might want to start by winning 5-5A. Something they have not been able to do the last couple years. Chase Reid is a good start but it will take more.
Last edited by Line Drive
Sorry, LD, I wasn't dissing Keller or anyone else in 5-5A (heck, as you know T-Bird son attends a rival 5-5A school) and I'm no SC fan, but they will have a little more than one guy.

Keller, Colleyville Heritage and Grapevine should also have strong teams.

Northwest is rebuilding with only one returning starter, but it will be fun to see what might happen there. Don't really have a read on Haltom, Richland or Keller Central.
I realize most of you are in the DFW area. The question was about the State.

Katy returns 7 of 8 starters and all but 1 pitcher from its State Runner-up Team from last year. The kid taking spot #8 will be better than the 8 hole hiter he replaces.

Klien Collins will be there at the end and Langham Creek, Cy-Fair and The Woodlands will all be contenders. If you look at the last 15 years you will see that most of the State Champs are from the Houston area. That is not a shot, just the facts.
quote:
Originally posted by gjbk1:
OP:
Mckinney North should be studly this year.
How will Mckinney look?
See ya at the FR soon

My opinion on McKinney HS is that they will have the best team they've had in several years. They have a lot of talent that floats below the radar, but they can play. They play as a TEAM. They have a freshman pitcher that I hear will be able to get some quality innings on varsity this year possibly. I believe his name is Zach, but I don't remember his last name. I hear he is the real deal and is one of the top 10's in the area without a doubt. Things should be interesting not only in the district, but also in McKinney before all is said and done. Coach Price is a quality coach and a great guy. He's struggled with leadership I think the last couple of years, but this could be a breakout year for them. McKinney is my alma-mater by the way!!
Last edited by Old Pitcher
quote:
Originally posted by gjbk1:
Mckinney North should be back on top this year, Van Alstyne should be okay, Frisco High has potential to compete this year. Do not forget about Lake Dallas.

With Adam Boydston as the ace of the staff, don't take LD too lightly. I've seen this kid pitch the last several weeks and I personally think this kid is a really good pitcher. He's sneaky fast and can throw any pitch for strikes and throw any pitch on any count. He will definitely give a lot of hitters fits next spring. Mark my words.
FHSbaseball,

Baine, Murray and Boydston are the only guy's coming back with any considerable playing time.
The catcher Donald who split time with a senior last year is also back. Street and Malcom who saw playing time last year at the varsity level will probably play up the middle while sophmore Howard or junior Rodriquez plays third. I think Boydston and Murray (both lefties) will be 1-2 on the mound and playing first when the other is pitching. If neither is pitching, one will be in the outfield. The team is pretty young, as there may only be 3 or 4 seniors starting. Some players will have to have some pretty big years (including both lefties) if Lake Dallas is to grab one of those playoff spots.

Good luck to you guy's. If it is anything like the games we had last year, it will be fun!! Smile
Last edited by Danny Boydston
quote:
Originally posted by the great YAYA:
i kno Coppell has a good offence but aren't they a little weak in starting pitching? I mean besides Cole Green who do they have?

Cole Green and pray for rain...I don't think so.

Coach English has good options for next Spring, the # 1 JV guy Neder(?)had a good summer for the Marshals and is looking good in the fall, a lefty that plays outfield, Matt Renyolds pitches well, David De La mixes it up pretty good and Cameron Watten looks to be a real good option to close, all the above are better options than Coach English had last year.

There are also several other real good arms on the team that Coach English might try Walsh , Kettler, Elkins, and he also has Zach Hermans from the last years freshman team that should be the #1 JV guy this year that might be able to make the jump by the end of the year.

I am sure I even missed a few pitchers that are getting looks but my point is Cole Green is real good and this year he will have some help.
Thanks for the perspective on the SE part of the state, 62.

We don't hear enough about that part of the world.

Smithson Valley should be tough again, but replacing Volz will be tough. SV and San Antonio Reagan will probably be battling the Corpus schools to see who goes to Round Rock.

In 4A, look out. CC Moody is now down in 4A.
quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:
OP- I assume you mean Zack Diaz....isn't he a sophmore?

You are right about Zach Diaz being a sophomore, but he's at North. I'm referring to a freshman kid that is at MHS. I THINK his name is Zach Lee??? For some reason, that rings a bell. Probably not right though!! I am old you know. He is the freshman QB and is lighting things up on the FB field as well. Maybe someone who knows will chime in and set us straight.
quote:
Originally posted by theygrowupfast:
FHSbaseball,

Baine, Murray and Boydston are the only guy's coming back with any considerable playing time.
The catcher Donald who split time with a senior last year is also back. Street and Malcom who saw playing time last year at the varsity level will probably play up the middle while sophmore Howard or junior Rodriquez plays third. I think Boydston and Murray (both lefties) will be 1-2 on the mound and playing first when the other is pitching. If neither is pitching, one will be in the outfield. The team is pretty young, as there may only be 3 or 4 seniors starting. Some players will have to have some pretty big years (including both lefties) if Lake Dallas is to grab one of those playoff spots.

Good luck to you guy's. If it is anything like the games we had last year, it will be fun!! Smile

I wish that was the case, but he's got a ways to go before he's in the low 90's!!! He did hit 89 several times on a Stalker @ Baylor last weekend is what we were told. You're son won't need to be a hard thrower to be successful in my opinion. He's got the tools to play at the next level in my eyes. He's just got that something you like to see, but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is!! Great kid, too!
OP,

I wish North the best this year, but they want sneak up on anybody. And they will have a big target on their chest. Looks like you'll be in a similar spot as you were with the Rock last year. Funny how baseball works, one year you get all the nice bounces...the next year well things have to be earned.

BTW, OP I wonder how your old team from last year will fair this year?
Last edited by TheRock
quote:
Originally posted by TheRock:
OP,

I wish North the best this year, but they want sneak up on anybody. And they will have a big target on their chest. Looks like you'll be in a similar spot as you were with the Rock last year. Funny how baseball works, one year you get all the nice bounces...the next year well things have to be earned.

BTW, OP I wonder how your old team from last year will fair this year?

The Rock will be just fine. Coach Payne knows what he's doing. He'll have them winning quite a few ball games before it's over. It was a shame what happened to PC though. That will definitely be a bump in the road for them. I hear Ty Lunday had a great summer on the hill and he will contribute quite a bit next spring. I wish them well, too. Lot's of great people over there on the lake.
OP - the freshman kid at MHS last name is Lee - he played for Team Kelley and is the QB for one of the subvarsity teams

His father is a very good guy and not too bad on the golf course.

And yes North will be most difficult to handle this year - however I can't wait to play the game.. playing good teams is what makes it fun!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.