Skip to main content

I just came across this article about Trevor Bauer and his training methods. Wind sprints dragging a tire, pushing a tractor around a ranch, and long tossing to his arms delight...?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...G1189170/1/index.htm

What are your thoughts on training pitchers with this high intensity style?
Rock On! Coach Dan www.realdealbaseballtraining.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for posting this Dan, great stuff.

Many people thought Ron Wolforth and Jim Jaeger were nuts when they first started and more and more coaches are starting to pay attention to their methods. Perry Husband’s book is a must read for every serious pitcher.

It is not an accident this kid is as good as he is, he may have a lot of natural talent, but he has certainly outworked everyone around him.
I've had the honor of getting to know both of those guys and I can tell you that both Ron & Alan both high class guys with a passion that makes them the best at what they do.

As for being nuts, Alan is an absolute trip to talk to! Imagine Kramer being a baseball genius ;-)

All of my guys are required to read their stuff if they are training with me. Well educated ballplayers makes it easier to make them better ballplayers, right?
quote:
Originally posted by NDD:
I liked the article a lot and would love to talk to Bauer.

How many of you guys pull your pitcher and put him in the field?

I don't coach team baseball anymore, but when I did, I would give the pitcher at least one inning off to do some post-throwing stretching and a light run. Otherwise I don't see much wrong with it unless you stick him behind the dish.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.