Coppell 2 Lewisville 0

R H E
Coppell 2 4 0
Lewisville 0 0 0

Individual Pitching / Hitting
HR--COP: Austin Elkins 1.
WP--Zak Hermans
LP--Danny Leranth

Hermans throws a no hitter, real close to the perfect game, one hit batter and one walk on 81 pitches. Leranth only gave up 4 hits and wins on most nights against most teams. Elkins hit his 5th HR to take the team lead. The game only took like an 1 hour and 1/2.
quote:
Originally posted by The Beast:
Poteet 2 4 0
HP 0 5 0

WP- Teddy Nowell 12k's
LP- J. Pearlman

Teddy faced the 1, 2, and 3 hole hitters in the bottom of the 7th. And got all three out.

We would like to thank the HP head coach for locking us out of the batting cages.
Thanks a**hole. Just remember you still have to come and play at Poteet.

Rematch could be fun...if I'm not busy, I will be in the beer garden!!!
quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
Keller 1
NW 0

WP Merck

Keller had 2 hits, scored their run on an error by the pitcher. NW had 3 hits.

Keller will need to really step up their hitting to compete in 5-5A

Great pitching from Merck and Main. Also great defense for both teams. I will leave it alone as to why there was even a runner on base to score the only run Wink

Last edited by threeboysdad
quote:
Originally posted by The Beast:
Where did you get that false information.Sure they are allowed to take infield on the turf. Obviously you haven't been to one of our home games. Only team that hasn't been allowed to do that was McKinney last year. Only after they wouldn't let us take infield at Frisco.

I guess this only applies to McKinney schools? North was not allowed to get on the turf a few year ago.
Okay, let me set this straight. In the 20 years Poteet baseball has been around, they have never not let someone take infield before a game. Now, you can't come in to someones home field and expect to take ground balls before your alloted infield time. Last time I checked, very few people if any allow you to come to there home field and take grounders before your alloted infield time. People, get it right. Anyways, how bout them McKinney schools.
Last edited by grdnworker
District Game

Dallas Bishop Lynch 2, Nolan Catholic 1 (9) (Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Dallas Bishop Lynch 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 8 2
Nolan Catholic 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 3

Pitching
Dallas Bishop Lynch Nolan Catholic
Pit/Cat: Herbert, Beck (9) and Jared Head Kyle Smith, Chris Marquardt (9) and Billy Gossell
WP: Beck
LP: Marquardt

Batting
Dallas Bishop Lynch Nolan Catholic
2B: Beck, Martin, Twitchell
3B: Ben Kerschen
HR:
quote:
Originally posted by grdnworker:
Screens, sounds kind of comical. Sounds like they keep teams from taking ground balls before their scheduled infield time. Someone that knows the game of baseball please tell me a place where you can go take ground balls on someone's infield before it is your time to take infield.

Learn to read or stay off the board! Not one post in this thread talks about taking ground balls. All post refer to taking "infield"
quote:
Originally posted by pizzathehutt:

Most of the people at HP are classy fans/coaches....

Yes, they do have a history of being classy, both on and off the field, and for that reason I will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. For the most part I see the folks at HP taking the high road in their posts and congratulating their opponents....once again showing class.

After reading some of the posts on this thread I have to remind myself that Poteet actually won the game.... Wink
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
Originally posted by grdnworker:
Screens, sounds kind of comical. Sounds like they keep teams from taking ground balls before their scheduled infield time. Someone that knows the game of baseball please tell me a place where you can go take ground balls on someone's infield before it is your time to take infield.

I have been told that the reason ground balls are not taken on the infield is field prep before games. I have seen many teams take ground balls on the outfield. I am sure if field prep is a concern that other teams would gladly bring there own red devil shop vac.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.