Skip to main content

We all know A-Rod's contract was just nutty, but that's history. Roger, good-guy, in Houston-to-be-with-my-family, future hall of famer, etc. wants $22,000,000.00, to pitch for Houston for one lousy season.

So if he wins 22 games, $1,000,000.00 per victory, if he starts 28 times, a bargain at $785,714.28 per start, if he starts 28 games (remember, he doesn't like to go out of town) and throws an average of 115 pitches per game, $6832.98 per pitch.....

I like the guy and I'm sure someone will post how great a fellow he is, but his request is pure unadulterated greed. Plain and simple. Greed. Just greed.

Did he hire Latrell Speakwell as his agent? Did I miss something?

If I was the Astros, since he's asking for the sun, the moon ,and the stars, I'd give him the moon, figuratively "Moss-speaking" of course.

26 days till pitchers and catchers (and bankers) report.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Someone has to put the first number on the table and go from there. I think he spent to much time in NY and lost sight of reality.

You know Roger is in the twilight of his career and with a kid in college that I'm sure is not getting a full ride he is going to need a little more to make ends meet at home.

Big Grin
Last edited by rz1
He is worth 15 million just for the extra people he will draw. Every time he pitched last year was a sell out.

Our HS Team is selling Ranger tickets as a fund raiser (yeah, yeah, I know, but hey, they played well last year), and the only games they have blocked out are Opening Day, July 4th and then a series with NYY and a series with the Astro's.
Keller Dad,
Sorry to be off topic...
NSHS is doing the same fundraiser...
If you need Yankees & Astros tickets, PM me!
We've got a great selection! 14

BTW, Clemen's is worth whatever the market will bear... If it $22m, then he's worth it! He does draw the crowd!!
Last edited by baseballmom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.