Skip to main content

I have been in contact with a college coach for a few months now and he recently came to watch one of my travel team games. He told me he was coming, I saw him there and he stayed until my last AB. I sent him an e-mail Monday morning when I got back from the tournament. I haven't heard from him since. Should I be worried? Is this a sign that he isn't interested?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don't sweat it.

Just enjoy the summer and play some hard nose ball. You will be surprised at the number of coaches in attendance to watch another kid when they see you laying out for a gapper!

Main thing, don't bomb this coach's email or text. You've already made a great follow-up. Now the onus is on him if he is legitimately looking at you.

If you're going to be at another showcase tournament, send him another email letting him know.

Good luck!
As others have said, nothing to worry about now...today's baseball culture makes players feel like if they are not getting offers as a Junior, then its not going to happen...heck, our high school had three graduated seniors get offers to play just in the last couple of weeks of June (after graduation!).

If you can play, coaches/schools will come and go through your life...you will not always know what they are thinking. Some that seem really interested may dissappear without a word. Others that you didn't even realize knew who you were will show up with the most interest. At this point, keep you options open. Be willing to look at/talk to everybody. Too early to be worried about every game a coach does and doesn't come to or whether every email is answered. Just keep doing your thing.

If you can play, if will happen.

Take care. Sorry for the long post, I was just in the mood to ramble!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.