Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As of tonight it appears that the Sox will be getting Alfonso Soriano and trading Brandon McCarthy. Big splash, no doubt, but I ask the loyal Sox fans on this board if that is what the team is lacking? I keep hearing and reading that the bullpen is shaky until you get to Jenks and that the starting pitching is struggling. Is another big bat, along with a lot of strikeouts what they need most?

IMO, what they definitely don't need is their manager going postal again, this time against a much smarter and better Jon Garland. This guy is quickly turning into an embarassment and if you think that Garland appreciated being screamed at in the dugout with the cameras rolling I think you'd be mistaken. Did he want Garland tossed, or suspended? The team is now 7.5 games out and 1.5 ahead of the Yankees in the WC. No time for a loose cannon at the helm of this ship.
Last edited by itsrosy
The Sox are going to have to give up something.

If this trade goes through, it's a mistake. Kenny made some great moves, but maybe he needs to learn one more thing......sometimes the best deal is no deal. What the Sox need is the boring middle reliever, not a slugger. They already rely on the long ball too much.

All they need to do is pick up a couple of workman-like middle relievers and they will be fine.
rosy....fbdaddy.....as per usual, jealousy doesn't become you!

oh,how you north sider's would love to have our problem's!

this is 1 loose cannon we can disagree on...you fellow's cause you just can't stand his success and we, because he took us to the promised land, with a heckuva chance to do it again.

word on garland is, btw, that he responds well to "in your face" coaching...certainly worked out ok the other day....much to your chagrin, i'm sure!
Of course prospects may never pan out, most of the time they don't. However, doesn't it seem like a stretch to trade such a highly rated pitcher for Sandy Alomar? I can't believe that he couldn't have come much cheaper. It is great that the Sox have built such a strong minor league system and have so many highly sought after players, but don't start throwing them around like nickels. I agree wholeheartedly with K. Williams about wanting to win now, but I'd like to trade my gems for a real difference maker, that's all.

PS- enough of this jealousy ranting. Why does anyone, anyplace who doesn't agree 100% with what the Sox are all about have to be jealous? Very strange, IMO.
Last edited by itsrosy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.