Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Travis Ballew continues to improve, and is really beginning to make a good impression. Aaron Gilbreath is solid and certainly one of the better LHP's in that class. Jake Feckley has a very live arm for a little guy. Colton Cain is still doing well. Another one who continues to get better is Tyler Mapes from Newman Smith. Apparently the Trevor Eickman kid at Garland High is pretty darn good. Obviously Drew VerHagen has good stuff too. Timmy Parish is another good one at Rockwall. I have a hard time considering Kettler as a pitcher because he's so special at SS, however, he is very effective. Malone has a big arm at Coppell, and Hermanns is solid too. I like Ty Collins at Northwest too...very good player.

*This is not a knock on the '09 class or any player in it, as they have some very special position players in the area, but my opinion along with others I've spoken with believe it is certainly not the strongest class for pitching in recent memory.
Last edited by Dillon
I strongly disagree with the quality of the class of 2009 pitching in the area. Look at Wysocki and Helms at Keller Central, Steven Hill at Heritage, Cameron White and Mason Melotakis at Grapevine, Blake Hamblin at Rowlett, the Juniors at Highland Park, Plano West,Coppell, Flower Mound, and on and on.
If you look at the pitchers in the class of 2009 who plays for the DBats, Marshalls,Dallas Mustangs, Tigers,Arlington A's etc. I believe that is is a very strong class indeed.
P.S. The hitters are getting better also.
quote:
Originally posted by Dillon:
Travis Ballew continues to improve, and is really beginning to make a good impression. Aaron Gilbreath is solid and certainly one of the better LHP's in that class. Jake Feckley has a very live arm for a little guy. Colton Cain is still doing well. Another one who continues to get better is Tyler Mapes from Newman Smith. Apparently the Trevor Eickman kid at Garland High is pretty darn good. Obviously Drew VerHagen has good stuff too. Timmy Parish is another good one at Rockwall. I have a hard time considering Kettler as a pitcher because he's so special at SS, however, he is very effective. Malone has a big arm at Coppell, and Hermanns is solid too. I like Ty Collins at Northwest too...very good player.

*This is not a knock on the '09 class or any player in it, as they have some very special position players in the area, but my opinion along with others I've spoken with believe it is certainly not the strongest class for pitching in recent memory.
The ones I mentioned in the post above are top arms, and would be good ones in any of the recent classes. Other than those guys, the cupboard is pretty bare in D/FW. Just ask some of the area scouts and/or select coaches. You're listing guys in your post with the top pitchers that in years past or years to come (ie 2010) wouldnt be in the top percentage of pitchers. Again, its not to knock the class, and it's just an observation, but as a whole, the 2009 class of pitchers is not as strong as recent ones. The '09 group is absolutely stacked with quality hitters, but there's not near as many frontline arms as there normally are coming out of D/FW.

I've never heard of Wysocki or Helms? White and Melotakis are solid, but certainly not frontline guys. Hamblin is a good player. Don't know of the Juniors at Plano West? or Flower Mound? Coppell has 3 good arms I mentioned in an above post.

FYI, I'm very well aware of who's on the D-BAT, Marshals, Mustangs, and Tigers rosters.
quote:
Originally posted by Dillon:
The ones I mentioned in the post above are top arms, and would be good ones in any of the recent classes. Other than those guys, the cupboard is pretty bare in D/FW. Just ask some of the area scouts and/or select coaches. You're listing guys in your post with the top pitchers that in years past or years to come (ie 2010) wouldnt be in the top percentage of pitchers. Again, its not to knock the class, and it's just an observation, but as a whole, the 2009 class of pitchers is not as strong as recent ones. The '09 group is absolutely stacked with quality hitters, but there's not near as many frontline arms as there normally are coming out of D/FW.

I've never heard of Wysocki or Helms? White and Melotakis are solid, but certainly not frontline guys. Hamblin is a good player. Don't know of the Juniors at Plano West? or Flower Mound? Coppell has 3 good arms I mentioned in an above post.

FYI, I'm very well aware of who's on the D-BAT, Marshals, Mustangs, and Tigers rosters.

The two non-seniors that are getting the most innings at West are Hubert and Blum. Between those two and the senior who's name escapes me, there's not a lot of innings for the class of 09'.

I'm not aware of any great 09' hitters that haven't already been mentioned, but I could rattle off quite a few 09' hitters. 010', from what I hear, should be a very good class on the mound.
quote:
The two non-seniors that are getting the most innings at West are Hubert and Blum. Between those two and the senior who's name escapes me, there's not a lot of innings for the class of 09'.

I'm not aware of any great 09' hitters that haven't already been mentioned, but I could rattle off quite a few 09' hitters. 010', from what I hear, should be a very good class on the mound.

The only pitcher i can think of that is a junior from Plano West that gets innings is Garrett Brown, and if you are talking about '09 hitters Dillard, Plant, and Kahn are in Plano West lineup and are raw hitters.
Dillon,
very well put on the 09's...I agree with you too on the 2010 (you know that class better than anyone) very deep in pitching!

Two 09 pitchers to watch

Duncan McAlpine (Jr. Birdville) top arm, a better prospect as a hitter.

Chase Putnam (Jr. Fossil Ridge)

check these two when the playoffs start! dont forget about 6-4A, overlooked last year too.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.