Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The SICA West is always tough but it is a stretch to say that they have the best players. Look at the West Suburban Silver in the last few years. LT Spring and Summer State Champions last year. OPRF 2nd Place Spring 2001, LT 4th 2001...GW Elite 8 Spring 2002 and -Summer 2003..Hinsdale Central Summer 2002...These teams must have some pretty good players to make it to this level.

The SICA West is strong..but I think winning that league is much easier than winning the WSS...The SICA West plays a 10 or 12 game conference schedule..can you really call the champion in such a short race a true champion? LT played a three games series with several other top teams to become a true champion. Making it through that kind of race had to help them run through several teams on the way to the State Championship last spring.

I also think that the LT pitcher is looked upon as the top senior RHP in the area coming into the season...I also think that the GW shortstop is the most highly regarded going into the spring season. Thats two pretty good players that are not in the SICA West..The OPRF junior is also a top notch hitter as well.
oh im fine...our team is actually looking a lot better talent-wise than we were last year,but we also won 20 games last year and i have no clue how. we have some new players that look pretty good and that i have played against before.
This summer i'll be playing with the orland magic. They lost some players and picked up me, amato, sullivan, horne, and a couple others from lemont. We should be good.

Also, what kind of info have you been gettin from notre dame? i went to their camp a couple weeks back and i have received about 10 letters from them. I've gotten some other interesting schools also. Otherwise, notre dame's coaching staff is great. FIll me in.
Kenny...When did you hear he threw an 86 across the infield? If he does, he should get drafted.

Too many people throw 6.3 and 6.4 60's around like so many hamburgers at McDonalds.

I hope he gets drafted and then makes it to the big leagues and then leaves some tickets for all of the websters at the ticket window. But...He ran a 6.78 at Team One North. Some of the other kids from Top Tier ran 7.0;7.09;7.42 and ????(Schutz was hurt). NO ONE ran near the "purported" 6.4 or 6.5 60's that "playhard" always suggested that his players run! Other than for "playhard's" stopwatch, where did he run a 6.4?

I know that I'm being a devil's advocate in some of these situations...but...it is EXTREMELY RARE to find anyone in the United States in the past 10 years to run those kind of 60's. I would guess the fastest kid around here has to be Kenny Williams, Jr., of Plainfield.

Last edited {1}
Sounds like a pretty good player. It is also possible that some players attract pro interest because they do not look like Div. I players from a classroom standpoint. If certain kids do not have grades the pro people will develop more interest. Good students can actually keep pro people away knowing that they will be playing in college.
KWJr...I think that he played for the Lisle Express--when he played.

Big time running speed and big time arm.

Fast enough to slap at the ball and beat it out in high school and low minors. Will have to learn how to hit when they take his speed away as he proceeds up the ladder.

I don't know what kind of student he is and whether or not football is in his college future.
my best 04 lineup
lf Christenson lockport
cf Schultz Hinsdale Central
rf Mcfolling OPRF
3b O'connor oprf
ss Anetsberger gbw
2b Bennett Providence
1b Dunnigan St.Ignatius
c Napoleon New Treir
p Schrader Bartlett

top hitters 04
1. Schultz Hinsdale South
2. Cademartori,ND hs
3. Petrulis L-W-E
4. Anetsberger GBW
5..Napeleon New Trier
6.Smith Richards
7.Brewer Lyons Township
8.O'connor OPRF
9.Cherney ,Prairie Central
10.Dunnugan,ST.Ignatius

Last edited {1}
sox: I know that he is 05, but this list was for the best hitters in 04 which is this upcoming baseball year!

best hitters who are junior's from what I have seen
Johnson c, Oak Forest
Farrell of, Naperville central
Brewer ss. Lt
O'connor ss oprf
Cales ss Mt.Carmel
Mcfolling of oprf
Gryzwaul 2b St.Ignatius
Dore of St.Ignatius
Stevens Holy Cross
Mahler 1b lt
Bisnette c Hinsdale Central
some sophmore's who I feel are great hitter's
Powers 3b Benet
Fratto ss Oprf
Lynch ss St.Ignatius
Cannon c. lt
Izzo of Lockport
Simmonds ss Driscolle
True.

We made a run at the end of the saeson with some quality wins from pitchers that have graduated. Have only 5 position starters back.

We have a very good lefty coming up as a junior and could have some good pitching if the coach would let some of the position players pitch. Otherwise, yes, could be a long season.
Last edited {1}
Guy's The Q was WHO IS THE "BEST"?. So here it is. Matt Jernstad Pitcher (Oswego,IL.) Adrian Pynenberg Catcher (Oswego,IL.) DO these 2 names ring a Bell with anyone? Kenny Williams Center Field (Plainfield Cent.) Brian Schlitter Left/Pitcher (Maine South) Danny Wells Right/Pitcher (Joliet Cath.) Matt Reimer Short (Glenbard South) Matt Mennen 3'rd (Naperville Cent.) Gary Perinar 2'nd/Pitcher (Minooka) Jeff Dybala 1'st/Pitcher (Lake Park)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.