Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Deuce

Congrats to you on another one of your players making it to a great school.
I noticed that you folded the orioles and merged with the sparks organization
I have a couple questions for you. Why did you shut down the orioles, seemed like it was starting to become a household name.what did the sparks organization offer you or provide that persuade someone of your stature to leave(orioles prgram) or merge with them? Dont take this the wrong way, but why are you so involved in the travel teams? Why not a varsity hs head coach? Is the travel club teams more appealing because you can make a few more bucks than the paltry salary fed to hs coaches? Heard you were also merging with the dupage diamondback travel club? Any truth to that? And what are you going to do with all those kids? It just seems odd for a guy so entrenched in the travel clubs, that you also have such a presence on the hs web site. I thought most hs coaches despise the travel club guys.
First of all congrats to Johnny Ruettiger. AZ St. is creating quite an Illinois pipeline.

Spinner,
I'm not going to try to answer on Bill's behalf but as someone who coaches both a HS and a travel ball team I think that most guys do it for the love of the game. Some guys that I have been around do it for their own personal glory. Personally I don't get paid one dime to coach our travel team and have spent more of my own money coaching than I would care to comment on. If a HS coach despises a travel guy that actually cares about his player and tries to make him better, then that coach must be worried more about himself than the player. Also HS coaching jobs can be hard to come by if you are not a teacher already. Having talked to Bill several times and playing against his teams there arent too many coaches or programs I would choose over his. They show much more character and integrity than most.
Last edited by SIBullets
Spinner ,

I think thats a perfectly good question and I don't take offense to it.

I don't know if its a merger and the diamondbacks are basically a one team organazation that I spent great deal of time with this Winter. And as far as I know, I'm still broke. lol. They are getting involved with us and some of the things we do as an organazation.

The Sparks have been around and have a great "program" in place. I will be running the program from the 16 -18's and coaching the College bound 17's.

I am proud of what all my past players have done to establish this team as you say houshaold name.

Alls we are doing is wearing a different uniform. As far as why I came over. Go to the Sparks facility any given night at any time before ten and watch what is happening. Youth groups from 10 to 18 working on their skills.

I have a job, and it allows me the time to do what I do. If it were money I wanted to be making from baseball, it would be at the College, or pro level. Or yes Ibach, even scouting.. Not in Summer Travel ball. I do this because it is a choice. And I love what I do.

You ask why not a HS coach? I ask why a HS coach? I do it when it works for my schedule. I am not a teacher.

As far as this whole club team thing. I am not sure what that is..

I have great relationships with many many high school coaches and College coaches for that matter. Whats the difference if I taught and coached in HS or I teach and coach in the Summer. Because sir, with all do respect to your public flair on me, thats what I do..

Sparks - Great people involved, great program
Diamondbacks- Great group of kids and talented too.
Orioles- Now the Illinois Sparks...
And all the High school coaches I talk to tend to know that I am doing the same thing as them just an extention of their seasons.. In fact, some of them even send me players. Don't tell nobody.

Hope this helps... You wouldnt be the same person trying to discredit my career and ability to teach because of my surgerys would you. I thought so..

Thanks for the good time.

And you know what I going to do with those kids, how about this for your answer..

Coach them and put them in situations where they can be successful.

Your a tricky dude!! lol..
Personally speaking, I am a HS coach and I consider SIBullets a good friend. He and I have talked numerous times, I've met him in person, and I have players that play for him despite the fact that he is over an hour and a half away from us. I also consider a certain coach over on the St. Louis side of the river a friend and have had several players also play for him. It isn't a we vs them. It's an us for ours. I have had players and one it particular with SIBullets that both he and I are working together in a partnership to enable that young man to find the best college fit. Just wanted to clear up some of that nonsense at least from the perspective of some (maybe not all) HS coaches.
Thanks si, heard great things about your program good luck this summer. I am just perplexed at bills comments. maybe i am off base here, but he doesnt like to call it travel ball or club ball yet thats exactly what he's involved in. You cant really call that anything other than that. Maybe bill has another name for it. The hs coaches i have spoken with dont like travel teams because they worry about the kids being over used or pitched. Why do you think the hs summer season has been expanded?
A lot of travel teams charge some pretty hefty fees its going in someones pocket.
Spinner,

You're much more than perplexed. You're just an unhappy person who wants to spin every single thing, except what drivel you write, in a negative way. Can't you see that in a short time, this time around, you've managed to inflame this forum with your unending innuendos and misstatements?

Once again someone started a thread with a wonderful announcement about a local player, an 08 committing to ASU. That's great stuff. What do you do? You immediately use this platform to divert from this news and start taking pot shots at others.

Credibility, you've got none here.
Last edited by itsrosy
Listen-

To insinuate that duece or any other travel coaches are getting rich off of coaching these kids, is probably the most ridiculuous thing I have read on this forum ever. I do not understand why so many people are worried about who is making money coaching, running a tournament, printing a magazine... Last I checked, this was still America and for my part gentlemen, all of you high school & travel coaches, and generally anyone else who is trying to help the game of baseball - MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU!!!! Thanks
And no I do not call what I do Travel Ball. I call what you do Travel Ball. And for that matter, I would be very concerned to ever let one of my HS players ever go out and play Summer ball if guys like this are involved. Hell I would be concerned to have any kid for that matter. Its guys like you who give the guys who care the bad name.

As far as club ball, no idea what that is.

As I stated in the post that got intercepted by a moderater, I am not a stupid person and most of my players are coming from their HS coaches.

Who ever intercepted my post, I would sure like to see it go up...
Hey bill I wasnt trying to start a war with you I was just trying to figure out your position and get a little clarity. You seem to not want to identify yourself with travel ball. Yet you run a travel team. Fyi i prefer hs ball to travel. So what exactly do you call it and not to upset you anymore i must point out that on your new web site you identify all of your players and list an impressive list of colleges. Do you think that might be a little misleading. Now if you had developed these kids for years great. You should also list each players comittment was it one summer one tournament etc. A list like that can surely be used as a recruiting feature.
quote:
Originally posted by deucedoc:
Who ever intercepted my post, I would sure like to see it go up...

As a "Moderator," I don't have the ability to stop that post. We have the ability to remove or edit it. I know I haven't done so, haven't heard someone else has and we typically exchange this info. Again, it is some type of glitch.
Congratulations to Johnny Ruettiger and his family.

As the original topic of this thread was about a local player committing to college, I would like to ask a question on college recruiting. I read on another site that college recruiters are contacting players as young as freshman in high school. I was under the impression that recruiters can not have contact with a player until their junior year. When can college recruiters start contacting H.S. players and their parents?
quote:
Originally posted by spinner1:
The thread generated a question I figured others may also be interested in bills answer.

Spouter aka *****,

That is your out of control ego that makes you think that other people think the same way you do. This is why you need to seek help, you have no grasp of reality.
Last edited by itsrosy
Congrats to John.

My thoughts are that these early verbals are generally a bad thing.

Not in all cases of course...but in many. I think the NCAA should change the rules. It's not an even playing surface for all schools.

In addition, a player may feel some undue pressure before having all the facts. I know for a fact that it happens pretty regularly and you end up with a bunch of de-commits.

Just my 2 cents.
Duece,

Please know I wasn't taking a shot at your player or any player or his accomplishments.

I just think that these early commits can go fishy a lot of ways. (from the schools point of view and the players)

Ask many of our coaches in the Midwest who might not have the recruiting power of some of the "bigger fish”; they hate these early commits because in many cases they don't have the resources to keep up.

Again not to take anything away from John's accomplishments...great for him.

I'd just think the NCAA should step in and set a more firm date for these things.
Not towards you Blazer but the ding **** posting above yours.

I try not to interfere with the recruiting of my guys. Thats more for the kid and the Coaches and the families to hash out.
Only thing I know for sure is Johnny took an unofficial on his dime, watched Long Breach Series, came home and called them back last night. I hear what your saying Andy but John has been to a handful of unofficials this Fall, he saw some really good football games too.

MN Mom Heres the kicker, Johnny was first noticed by ASU at the pG National as a Soph, thus he is a bit ahead of the ave Jr as far as exposure. imo
Deuce you once again appear on both sides of the fence. Kid noticed at major travel baseball tourney. Heres another question what was your role in helping all of those orioles land spots at top colleges? Was your role more significant than the hs coach? Did they get noticed playing for you at travel tournaments or was the impact made while playing varsity ball? You hang those colleges out there on your new web site like little badges, you dont think i see through that? Who is taking the credit mr copp? Another piece of advice for guy who hammers home about character and integrity, ease up on calling people idiot or ding ***x. If the goal is to one day coach at the hs level most AD's dont care for that rhetoric. Not to mention the wrong message you send to those future D1's you are so proud of. When when of your guys gets upset, you certainly wouldn't want them calling someone a namem. Bill you need to be above that, your flaws are showing.
Spinner...you are quite the Devil's Advocate. The only person or thing I have read you supporting was Perfect Game, which seems to be an untouchable even for you. It seems as though your buddies have been getting tight with PG and that is probably why you don't rip them. You need to be an equal opportunity ripper.....rip Duece and Sparkioles, then rip Top Tier, Bergen Beach and The Seminoles and Clubbers along with them. Then go ahead and rip PG, TPX 96, Do It Right Baseball, and anyone else who charges a fee to participate. Then rip The PBR, the Illinois Prep Baseball Report and ****gasp*** Travel Ball Select.

They aren't too different from each other, so if you are going to rip one, rip them all.

I'm betting the countdown for your expulsion from this site (at least with this name) is on and we'll no longer have you to kick around. Funny thing is you seem to enjoy getting kicked around.

I'll be looking for the report on Knockouts.
Last edited by FastballDad
Spinner,

Whats your story?

If you think you are going to discredit me as a coach or a person, you are wrong. I will say I have had a role in every single one of my kids paths. Tell you what Slipper, spinner, sorry, you meet me for lunch, pick a University, and I dial the head coaches cell phone for you. Better yet come watch one of our games this Summer and see what it is I really do..

I work hard for my players and if you look hard at our site you'll see that all those schools shown are all our kids from the past three years. There are none that arent playing college ball. I dont know for sure , but we have had the chance to coach some really good kids and really good players.

By the by,

I have never claimed to be any savior for kids, never claimed to get their scholarships. As their coach I try to put them in the best position possible to be seen. Those arent badges my friend, those are small colleges and major Universities that kids from our program have signed to . Thats all.

Sorry I called you an idiot.. you still crack me up though..

And like I said before, dont tell anybody, but most of my guys come from their HS coach..And some even come from the College coaches and I'll be darned even a couple come from the scouts.
Being new to the HSBW, I have been following all of the recent postings and threads with much interest. All agendas aside, as a parent, i am interested in the last post from deucedoc. Are kids primarily reliant on their HS coach to "talk them up" and are some programs more active in this area than others? If so, which schools have a better understanding of this. Having said that, from where i sit it is imcumbent on the kid and parents to get him the exposure. Granted on field play is the most important determinant. That is can junior center up on the ball and can he play defense.
tralpaz-

Coming from one who just went thru this entire ordeal I can speak from experience. These college coaches are going to call everyone they can who knows your son. If a college coach knows one coach better than another they are probably going to speak with them more often. Is that your high school coach or someone else - it will depend. I will say this though, I have not seen any ASU coaches here during the high school spring or summer season watching kids. (Maybe they do ...I just never see them) If you go to some of these higher profile events that Perfect Game holds your son is going to be seen by a whole lot more people - and I do mean ALOT. But the bottom line is your son, he is going to have to produce when someone is there to see him play -where ever that is. My opinion, pick your spots, sometimes it is not possible to do everything. Deuce was extremely helpful. Our high school coach was also very helpful (and I think Duece & hs coach would agree)that Kyle did his part and earned it too. I am thankful and have worked with all three & enjoyed watching all of them! And while I soapbox... the money I spent was well worth every penny! My boys are becoming men, not getting into trouble doing things they should not be doing, working towards a goal, learning life long skills through the great game of baseball.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.