Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not sure why more have not jumped on the Heath bandwagon. This is a very good team playing ourageously well, 20-0 is no fluke. This is a team with a lot of chemistry hitting on all cylinders. They have deep, deep, pitching staff: Baune has been flawless, Thompson has been dominant ( I heard he was hitting 92 against Newman Smith. As a 2012!) Soph. 2012, Hernandez is another flamethrower who has thrown over 90. These guys are stacked for 2 more years! Holland, Thompson, Baxter, Hernandez, Villa and Branum all over .400 with tons of extra base hits. I am sure they may come back to earth a little but these guys can mash. I almost forgot Benefield, who is as solid as they come. A good mix of seniors and underclassmen. Check them out.
Last edited by ryanexpress
Not sure about any of that stuff or how it fits into this post. I was just trying to recognize some young men who are playing this great game very well.If this team has any issues I sure haven't seen them. Not sure what anyone's parent has to do with this team being fun to watch. Sounds like there may be some petty jealousies among grown ups from other teams. I have seen 10-12 Heath games this year and last and they sure seem like a pretty good group. I have not witnessed anything but good ball from the boys and likable folks in the stands. I know the apple rarely falls far from the tree so if you say there are good kids out there then someone must have raised them right. Just my 2 cents worth-I didn't intend to start any bashing of people.
Hey Mr. Chief,
I am quite certain I "heard" with my own ears what the young man sitting 12 feet below who was operating the radar gun said when asked about a certain pitch. He clearly said "92" on a few pitches. 88-91 on most other fastballs. I was there. Were you? I was there when Hernan
dez, the other 2012, threw one pitch at 91 in Waco. Baune has been right at 89-90. Give these kids their due.HS Gametime shows Baune and Thompson to have ridiculously low ERAs. Again, I was just trying to recognize a very good TEAM and I am not related to anyone on the team.
No dog in the hunt. went to watch Heath Fri nite vs. New Smith. I heard no (parental) noise from the stands at all.. just some high school kids having fun in the typical fashion, rock shaker, loud laughs..a few barbs etc... They are on a great roll , the kid throwing was definetly in the low 90's on more then one occassion... game wasnt close.
quote:
Originally posted by ryanexpress:
Hey Mr. Chief,
I am quite certain I "heard" with my own ears what the young man sitting 12 feet below who was operating the radar gun said when asked about a certain pitch. He clearly said "92" on a few pitches. 88-91 on most other fastballs. I was there. Were you? I was there when Hernan
dez, the other 2012, threw one pitch at 91 in Waco. Baune has been right at 89-90. Give these kids their due.HS Gametime shows Baune and Thompson to have ridiculously low ERAs. Again, I was just trying to recognize a very good TEAM and I am not related to anyone on the team.

Young spirit, a good chief rarely leaves his tribe. Sent young Brave Nocahomas to glance the horizon. Saw no guns, only arrows shot with an arc.
Are these stats on HS Gametime accurate? I've followed the Heath line scores in the paper and seen many doubles and HRs from the so called "other 2012"...Hernandez. Same story with Benefield. Yet HS Gametime says both guys have a BA of 0 with no at bats. Saturday's line score again Newman Smith shows Benefield with a 2B and Hernandez with a 2B. In the Lake Highlands game before that, Hernandez had another 2B. How do you hit doubles and HRs without having at bats?

Lucy, You Got Some Explaining To Do...
All I can say about the radar gun is this: go to a Heath game and when the opposition comes to bat watch for a student trainer/manager to leave the Heath dugout. He will have a JUGS gun case and clipboard with pencil. He will sit right behind home plate and point what sure looks like a JUGS gun in the direction of home plate when a Heath pitcher throws a pitch. He will then write something down on the clipboard. Immediately after the inning ends he scurries back to the dugout where the head coach looks at his clipboard. So either they are conducting a scientific experiment or the coach is checking the velocity of his pitchers.This happens at every Heath game. If someone says there was no gun there Friday night at the Heath game they are wrong. It is at every game. Is there a Heath person out there who can verify this? At least it has been there the games I have been to but last year some adult did the gun.
Any way, great job to the all of the boys at Heath!
Last edited by ryanexpress
ryanexpress
I remember a team a few years back getting busted by the umpire during a game for using a radar gun and relaying it back to the dugout.The opposing coach complained and he made them stop. He said it was a NFHS or UIL rule. I don't remember. He said it creates an unfair advantage or some BS. The other team stopped and I never seen them do it again.
I have seen Heath play twice and they look good. They are going to be tough to beat.
Last edited by The Beast
quote:
Originally posted by longballs:
All 5 A schools do this! What's the big deal??

Ah, no easy you see. Long ago Apache skinned tatanka much differently than Nocahoma. Some of the painted warriors father did not like. One mother, Kicking Bird, no like either. So painted warrior father and Kicking Bird took to tribe council. No more different tatanka.

Now, Chief Nocahoma hear mention of JUGS. Nocahoma use JUGS to carry natures nectar from stream. JUGS no measure how fast a cottontail run. JUGS carry water. Trade good JUGS for indian STALKER.
Last edited by Chief Nocahoma
Sounds like a surprise whuppin! Who are JJP's pitchers? Sounds like they thought they had RC in the bag?

quote:
Originally posted by txdad1315:
Panther Fan, I happened to catch that game. It was a whuppin on JJP! Royse City's pitcher, I think his name is Scot Lane, was totally dominant. In fairness to JJP, I heard for some reason that they threw their #5 pitcher.
I beleave thats right. a couple of years ago I was at the Heath-Poteet game and there was a parent/ex coach from Poteet making a big deal about the Heath players with the gun and it got so bad that a police officer had to tell the parent/ex coach to chill out or leave. The ump new they were doing it and he never said anything to Heath about it.

And just for the record I don't have a dog in the hunt.
I saw the Heath vs. HP game tonight. I think Heath really has a shot at going undefeated this year. Those two sophomores can really hit. And Baune looked really good on the mound. He had to be hitting 90 on the gun. I also like the way the centerfielder plays the game. They are probably the best team in the metroplex. Including 5A. I believe they will win Region 2 and make a trip to Austin.
I completely agree Beast. I have watched all of the top teams in the metroplex and Heath is the most talented team. I don't see them losing a 3 game series -- too much pitching. I do not recall the rules regarding playff matchups, 3 games VS 1 game, but I'm certain Heath will want to stay away from a single game playoff to avoid running into a hot pitcher that could send them home. I'm not saying they wouldn't win anyway but a 3 game series is to their advantage.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.