Skip to main content

OldDude - welcome to the site -- finally! Smile

The coaches are trying to get their teams to state. Apparently, the Poteet coach favors a one-game series against this opponent. He won the toss. It's all a part of the process.

Word is....HP won 1 of 5 coin tosses -- the venue. And now hookem tells us that is up in the air!

Oh my. Smile Don't you love HS baseball???
Last edited by Panther Dad
Thanks for the welcome. Will try to behave but might lob one in just to see the reaction every now and then.

HS baseball in Texas has been and continues to be an interesting ride.

Guess you could say this is the rubber match anyway? Poteet wins 1st district game 2-0 at home on two unearned runs with Poteet Ace on the bump. HP wins re-match 8-3 at home with their now #1 on the hill but not against Poteet #1 due to scheduling. (Think Poteet wishes they had taken HP more seriously at that point in the season and killed the HP run when they had a chance? Think Mavs-Golden State.)

Will be most interesting with a one and done format for sure.
yeah we got beat, and? you guys played better the last two games, and how did that first game go... was the nice park with a good surface too much to handle? I think all of the errors came on the bad hops off the RR field, you never can trust a pro stadium these days.

Wait wait wait, who does the coaching? not you of coarse, leave it up to the coaches to make the right and wrong decisions, its their job not yours isnt it?
One more thing to Poteet...

The sport is called baseball, not softball for a reason. Yeah it might be some hardcore "gameplan" to do immature chants and raves about sideburns, but when those kids hit college, that wont fly. They are taking the fun out of the sport, making it just a big "****" talking contest. Be quiet and let your playing to the "****" talking, thats the best gameplan if there ever was one.
quote:
Originally posted by OldDude:
Beast--Poteet's is more old carpet than turf.
HP is turf. (FYI, rumor is they turf the OF this summer. Gotta keep up with Jesuit you know.)

HP played on it yesterday so my guess is that it can be ready now. Let's play there?! But given history we're not gonna flip for it.

The Gabe is a great idea. Do they tarp it?

OD- I am sure they do tarp it. It very well maintained. We got to play a 16U tournament on it 3 weeks ago. What a great place to play and watch a game.
quote:
Originally posted by OldDude:
Beast/P1---was thinking more like Gordo's parking lot down Lovers.

On the turf, finally got the football boys to sign-off on the OF turf is what I'm told. (Freshman football uses OF in the fall for practice given space limitations). Having said that, I'll believe it once they start moving dirt.

"They" have been saying for a few years now we were getting our field redone new turf and some other upgrades. Maybe if we can ever bring back a state championship they will.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.