Kyle Van Tungeh (HKCB): 1-1, 2B, SAC, BB, R;
Andrew Stumph (HKCB): 1-2, 2B, RBI;
Cooper Smith (HKCB): 1-1, 3B, 2 RBI;
Brett Zieren (HKCB): 2-3, 2B, 1B

ABD Red Dogs '09 1
Dallas Tigers 16U 3
WP: Matt Lipka (DT): 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R/ER, 6 k, 4 BB, 0 HP
Lipka (DT): 2-2, 3B, 1B, BB, R, SB

What time are the Parents in the Bleachers playing?
Last edited by collikar
quote:
Originally posted by Change Up:
John that is the only place in the world my wife will eat a Hot Dog.
First time in 3 years that i will not get the Varsity hot dog. Great to have the kids grow up but miss times like you guys are haveing in Atlanta

Now that we're talking food I can chime in. I've added links so you won't have to look them up.

The best places we ate at were:

Pizza - New York Pizza Exchange The best Pizza I have ever had

Seafood - Spondivits The best seafood ever. The Shrimp and Crab Bucket is AWESOME!!! You might even see someone famous while you are there.

Burgers - Five Guys Burgers and Fries - Excellent burger for a great price. You can sit there and eat peanuts while you wait.

World of Coca Cola - All the Coke you can drink and different soft drinks from around the world at the end of the tour.

I will also tell you the ESPN Zone was the most overrated place we went to. And I mean extremly overrated.

That's Ringer1's Restaurant Review for Atlanta.

BTW, these places are not recommended if you are on a diet! Big Grin

Enjoy!!!
Last edited by Ringer1
Hey 17sbigbrother!!
Congrats on your brothers team!! They are stacked!! My son(sorry to say) was pitching yesterday's game against them when it was called due to weather. He got rocked. We were just in the Razorback Classic tournament in Arkansas last week and watched them play. My son hoped they would not play them in Atlanta and their first game was against the Arlington A's. Thank goodness my son is good to just pump up their team with the loss and get ready for the next game. We are headed to Atlanta in the morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!!
Take Care

Yea, you aren't kidding! Well, I'm actually not in Atlanta....my father is there with my little brother so I get periodic updates from him. From what my dad said, Blake had them off balance with his changeup and his curve was on. Not sure how the A's scored their runs but they scored them in the last inning because it was 0-0 in the top of 7th.
quote:
Hey 17sbigbrother!!
Congrats on your brothers team!! They are stacked!! My son(sorry to say) was pitching yesterday's game against them when it was called due to weather. He got rocked. We were just in the Razorback Classic tournament in Arkansas last week and watched them play. My son hoped they would not play them in Atlanta and their first game was against the Arlington A's. Thank goodness my son is good to just pump up their team with the loss and get ready for the next game. We are headed to Atlanta in the morning. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!!
Take Care

Thanks sunshinesmom!
They really do have some serious players on that team. Did you ever hear how they are going reschedule that game…I haven’t heard anything yet? Funny how that works out like that sometimes. I was hoping the A’s wouldn’t have to play the East Cobb Astros because I saw them in the University of Nebraska tournament and they were tough but they managed to pull it out today against them. Well, my little brother isn’t pitching until Saturday morning at Reinhardt College…he’s a lefty and wears #13. I feel for my dad…he drove 800 miles on Monday and Stew doesn’t pitch until Saturday. Good luck to you guys in the tournament!!
quote:
My son plays for the other A'S 17 team so we know most of the kids on that team really well, he played with most of them for two years... Here is wishing them continued success. Keep us posted.

Cougarbaseball....who is your son? Stewart (my little brother) actually plays on the other A's 17 team too....Acton brought him up for the Atlanta tournament. How are you guys doing in the Temple State tournament? Acton took most of that team to Atlanta....Garcia, Putman, Person, and Jensen was moved up two weeks ago.
quote:
well lets just put it this way I was with ya in Iowa playing Roulette ..... so when is Stewy on the mound?

That's right!! We cleaned house out there in Council Bluffs after we were all down at first....weren't we playing craps though, not roulette? Well, according to the website, he's pitching on Saturday at 9am (ouch!). How are you guys doing in Temple?
Hey 17,

My son did not know what they were going to do about the rainout. It was just the third inning so he thought they would make it up, but now there are more delays with the rain and I noticed they did not put the scores on the website for our boys-so who knows? I don't think my son pitches again until Saturday either and we are headed there in the morning. Lot of driving from Memphis to Atlanta,my husband could sit and watch the games from sun up to sun down but my little girls and I will probably shop or swim. The A's could win it all. Keep in touch-We don't play again until 7 tonight!!
I noticed that there is an "East Cobb Astros" team as well as an "East Cobb Astros 17U" team. The 17U team seems to be all 2009 grads while the first team is a mix of '09 and '10. Does anyone know if one is supposedly the better team (i.e. A team, B team situation) or if its equal?

The tournament site says that last year the East Cobb Braves took first place (for which there is a normal team and a 17U team this year as well) and that the East Cobb Astros took 3rd place.

Just looking for clarification. Thanks!
PGStaff - Please head to West Texas. They always need rain. Big Grin

On another note, I followed the tournament last year through the stormy weather and you did a great job with the game realignment. I'm sure you learned many "tricks" during that experience and are prepared and using them this year. Thanks for the passion.

Thanks also to David Rawnsley who is doing a great job of keeping the "blog" and "wrap" updated, so that those of us left at home are somewhat in the loop.
Last edited by collikar
PG,
Remember July 2005? Rain outs all day, then your guys literally pumping water so sons team could start at 12:30AM? I think one of the games was called around 2:30 AM...and scouts & recruiters were still there, thru it all!
Oh, the memories! But yall were wonderful!

I'll take a torrential here in Dallas!
quote:
Originally posted by ACowboyFan:
DBAT 17 - 9
Bandits Baseball 4

Ricky Cruz drops a 3 run bomb to lead his team back to victory!!! This kid can play the game, I hope the scouts are paying attention because Ricky is earning the right to play at a high D1 program. Did I mention he is a great outfielder as well.

Rick also made a great catch in the OF; solo HR also by Muncy and Baker.
The McKinney Marshals 17U beat the Atlanta Braves last night 5-2 at Turner Field behind a 3 hitter by Jake Feckley. OF Chase Durham hit a bomb over the Coke bottle in left field and SS Catfish Elkins made 2 plays behind second base to shut down 2 of the Braves late inning rallies...

Get ya some of that DBAT!

Smile

The Arizona Firebirds had a BYE.
quote:
Originally posted by catcher:
The McKinney Marshals 17U beat the Atlanta Braves last night 5-2 at Turner Field behind a 3 hitter by Jake Feckley. OF Chase Durham hit a bomb over the Coke bottle in left field and SS Catfish Elkins made 2 plays behind second base to shut down 2 of the Braves late inning rallies...

Get ya some of that DBAT!

Smile

The Arizona Firebirds had a BYE.

LOL....but tell us Shayne, did your guys turn Texiera into a pin cushion?
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
DBAT love goes out to Cruz, Baker, and Muncey for their bombskies!!! And Heathcott and Eickman for their pitching performances!!

Dugout Club Tigers 16U 4
Dallas Panthers 3

Team IBC 17u 6
Dallas Tigers 16U 6

Bergen County Bombers 2
Texas Magic 5

Connecticut Bombers 17u 2
McKinney Marshals Black 9

World Yacht Clippers National 0
Dallas Tigers 17U 8
Last edited by collikar
If team demarini is outfitted and sponsored by them, then does Team IBC get all the Root beer they want? If so, if they need another coach next summer, I'm in! I don't have to be the head coach. In fact, I'd like to be the bullpen coach so I can keep a cooler of IBC down there. Very low pressure with lots of cold, free IBC Root Beer...what a summer!!!
---------------------------------------------------
Arlington A's 17U had their first game called due to weather delay....they were winning 9-1 in the 3rd on Tuesday. Mason Melotakis was pitching.

Wed. July 9th
Arl. A's 17U 2
East Cobb Astros 0

WP - Blake Helm

WP: Blake Helm (AA): 6 IP, 1 H, 0 R/ER, 11 K, 2 BB, 0 HP
S: Calvin Bailey (AA): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R/ER, 2 K, 1 BB, 0 HP
LP: Mat Foody (ECB): 0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R/ER, 1 K, 1 B, 0 HP

Cody Dygig (AA): 1-3, 2B

Currently game #3 is in a weather delay today for the Arlington A's against Winward Rangers.
A note from the blog:

The top of the first inning was all that the Dugout Tigers needed in their 9 AM game on Thursday morning at the Complex. SS Alex Hand and C Josh Wallace, both 2010 prospects, each hit 2-run home runs in the first inning before Dallas Panthers RHP Robert Slagel (2011) had got his second out. Once Slagel settled down, though, it was all over for the Tigers. Slagel finished the game with 6 1/3 no-hit innings. But LHP Conner Kendricks only allowed 3 hits and 3 runs in a complete game effort and the Tigers pulled out a 4-3 win.
Last edited by collikar
quote:
Originally posted by RETIRED GM:
BBmom, I recall the PG event in 2005 fondly. It was the craziest thing I've ever attended. A monsoon came through Atlanta and lasted for days yet baseball was still played thanks to the efforts by the PG folks. I cannot imagine what the bill for surface drying agent is for something like that....

Yeah, try sitting in a hotel room for days on end answering calls from scouts wanting to know when XYZ was pitching. Roll Eyes

Heck, I couldn't even give them when we were playing.

Then, I believe to this date we were the only team of record to be ousted without giving up a single run in regulation play.

**** that "runner on second start" extra inning rule.

Remember when we went to Humperdink's and AK had those Elvis glasses on with no shirt? Hahahahah....

On a side not, AK will be coming home from Cape Cod with a compound fracture in his index finger. I guess he thought his bare hand was a better hand to catch a line drive.

Still made the double play though........
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
O'Brady wins 10 pts and the opportunity to sit in a locked car with SWAC driving from Georgia to Texas. During the drive, Obrady will have to listen to SWAC give the history of DBAT, along with a verbal player profile of each DBAT kid that has signed, and a contrast and comparison to DBAT and the Roman Empire...enjoy! It should take about 12 hours.

Kudzu - - The Vine That Ate The South

Kudzu is native to Japan and China, however it grows well in the Southeastern United States. Kudzu is a vine that when left uncontrolled will eventually grow over almost any fixed object in its proximity including other vegetation. Kudzu, over a period of several years will kill trees by blocking the sunlight and for this and other reasons many would like to find ways to get rid of it. The flowers which bloom in late summer have a very pleasant fragrance and the shapes and forms created by kudzu vines growing over trees and bushes can be pleasing to the eye during the summer months.
The following statement appeared in an agricultural bulletin in 1928, about 20 years after it was first introduced in Florida as a forage crop. "Kudzu is not without disadvantages. It is slow and expensive in getting established, is exacting in requiring only moderate grazing and mowing, is deceptive about its real yield, especially to those who do not know it well, and sometimes becomes a pest."

In the south where the winters are moderate the first frost will turn kudzu into dead leaves and soon after just gray vines. The kudzu vine will continue growing the next summer almost from where it was stopped by cold weather the previous year. Around here it seems most folks don't pay much attention to kudzu and maybe that is because there isn't much we can do about it except temporarily kill it with herbicide or let livestock graze on it when it gets to be too much of a problem. The warm, wet summer we had in 2005 made it look like a rain forest in places and the dry summer of 2006 didn't seem to have slowed kudzu down at all. Unusually low temperatures in the spring of 2007 caused kudzu to get off to a late start, however, it caught up rapidly during the hot and exceptionally dry summer of 2007 and is off to a good start in 2008.

Kudzu vines will cover buildings and parked vehicles over a period of years if no attempt is made to control its growth. A number of abandoned houses, vehicles and barns covered with kudzu can be seen in Georgia and other southern states. Many of the photos of kudzu shown on this web site were taken in the vicinity of Dahlonega, Georgia, a beautiful historic town in the mountains of North Georgia best known as the site of the first major gold rush in the U.S. in 1828.

Sincerely,
Last edited by catcher

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.