Skip to main content

Hey 17sbrother

We made it to Atlanta today for the Dulins 2:00 game and during the game we had about a 25 minute rain delay and then actually finished-we lost 5-1 but we actually got to play the entire game. I kept looking at the pool standings and the A's score wasn't posted so I figured they had a rain delay. About 10-15 scouts at our game at Kell High School. I got the schedule today for Joplin, Mo-looks like we will see you guys there too...All the schedules have changed starting tomorrow-thank goodness for Dave and the staff-the blogs and updates are a life saver-I would not want to be in their shoes right now!! You said your Dad was here with your little brother-is that the brother that is playing? We are here with two little girls and they are always looking for someone to play with during the games. It is thundering now and it is very dark-Good Luck tomorrow-
Mt. Paran Christian School baseball field in Kennesaw, GA. panorama. Site of DBat-17 vs East Cobb Panthers pool game.

Small image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samballew/2657267361/sizes/l/

Large image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samballew/2657267361/sizes/o/

DBat-17 vs East Cobb Panthers on 07/09/2008
http://samballew.smugmug.com/gallery/5382092_UoX82#329666931_6iX46

http://samballew.smugmug.com

.rockdad
Last edited by Rock Dad
Hey 17sbrother,

The new schedule is up this morning and we play the Arlington A's at 9am. Do you know if your brother will be playing. If he is I take pictures for our team and can take some of the A's and email them to your parents.
If anyone else out there is in our pool and need pictures I can email them to you. I am not a professional photographer but I do have a good camera and lens-my kids call me the paparazzi!!
The new schedule is up this morning and we play the Arlington A's at 9am. Do you know if your brother will be playing. If he is I take pictures for our team and can take some of the A's and email them to your parents.
If anyone else out there is in our pool and need pictures I can email them to you. I am not a professional photographer but I do have a good camera and lens-my kids call me the paparazzi!![/quote]

Yea, their game got rained out yesterday. Well, I hope some of those scouts are there when my brother pitches. Yea, my dad is there with my little brother who is playing....I'm the oldest of 4 and he's the youngest....just turned 17 on June 30. He's one of those late birthday seniors.

I just heard that we won 14-3 today. Do you know pitched for our team? My brother is wearing #13 jersey and he's lefty...about 6-6'1 and about 215lbs. I would love some pictures because I definitely know my dad won't take any....haha!! Originally my brothers was scheduled to pitch at the 9am game on Saturday but I have no idea know with the schedule all changed around.
From Perfect Game Blog Board:

2008 WWBA 17U National Championship
Day 4

Friday/Saturday Schedule
David Rawnsley
7/11/2008 12:30:00 PM

Games are well underway Friday at the 17U National Championships, with most of the 9 and 10 am slots being filled by partial games that were interrupted by rain the previous 3 days.

The goal of this morning was to get all teams up to 3 complete games, with the balance of the day to start teams on their 4th pool play game. Teams that have not played 4 complete pool play games as of the end of today will be put in the earliest time slots possible Saturday morning.

Pool play will be complete after every team has played 4 games. The Tournament will then be broken into a 64 team Playoff Bracket with the remainder of the teams going into the consolation pool. The top 2 teams from each pool will advance to the playoffs, with standard WWBA rules governing tie breakers applying.

The first round of the playoffs will be played on Saturday afternoon/evening, leaving 32 teams left in the playoffs on Sunday.

There has been no schedule set for Saturday and we are working on it right now. Anything previously published for Saturday is null and void.

It cannot be emphasized enough that teams need to check the WWBA website for schedule updates. If you are a coach and do not have computer access here in Atlanta, you have to arrange with someone back home to keep you updated. We do our best to call teams.
17sbigbrother,

i'm not sure who started the game-we were on one side of Atlanta and got stuck in traffic so by the time we got to North Cobb it was over-it was a short make up game. I do know Arlington lost the next game to the Windward Rangers 2-1. We now have lost 3 and tied 1. I don't think our boys showed up to play ball. At what age do they make themselves go to bed and realize you can't play poker until 4 in the morning and then try and play ball the next morning. We play at some point tomorrow and then I guess we go home-i'm not sure how all that works. I was going to ask the Arlington coach which man was your dad but didn't get the chance. The Texas Rangers scout was there today looking at kids on the team. Hopefully I can catch up with your dad before we leave, if not we will see you guys in Joplin, Mo. towards the end of the month!!
quote:
Originally posted by obrady:
Homeplate is a training facility in Peachtree City Georgia. Good folks, excellant trainers. I'm not sure how/why they settled on the Chili Dog name though.

Our DBAT team worked out at Homeplate's facility when we were in Atlanta during the monsoon of 2005. Very nice place and great people. If I remember correctly, the owner told us he named his teams the Chili Dogs in honor of The Varsity.

KG's younger so his memory might be a little sharper than mine.....Gut?
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
The drought in Georgia is over (I hope)

We also got rained out at the BCS in Ft Myers today. Not sure if they were having a drought or not.

We have guys at the USA Trials in Arizona. Yes it even rained there.

Anyway we hope to get a championship team tomorrow. There are still some Texas teams in the hunt. DBat and Bellaire had to leave when everything got pushed back but they made the playoffs. The Dallas Tigers and McKinney Marshals also made the playoffs, are still in it and both have a chance to win the tournament.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.