Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are probably a few but college coaches can't even talk to the 2010 kids until July 1st unless the communication occurs on the school's campus. There may be a few exceptions but the news will start breaking next week......an exciting time.

Mizzou was the 1st team to contact PS III....funny how things work out sometimes.
No, Doug has been at Boyd since the school opened in 2006. He's committed as an LHP, but last year he was the primary 1st baseman for Boyd. We had two strong senior pitchers last year in Randy Mann and Will Fletcher who carried the load in district and have gone on to pitch at the college level. Doug had a great summer on the mound and a very strong showing at the Baylor prospect camp last weekend and he got a call last night from the Baylor assistant head coach/recruiting coordinator last night with an offer.

I also want to congratulate all the other young men mentioned in this thread who have had the opportunity to committ to a school. It just goes to show that hard work and perseverence pay off in the long run.
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Baseball:
No, Doug has been at Boyd since the school opened in 2006. He's committed as an LHP, but last year he was the primary 1st baseman for Boyd. We had two strong senior pitchers last year in Randy Mann and Will Fletcher who carried the load in district and have gone on to pitch at the college level. Doug had a great summer on the mound and a very strong showing at the Baylor prospect camp last weekend and he got a call last night from the Baylor assistant head coach/recruiting coordinator last night with an offer.

I also want to congratulate all the other young men mentioned in this thread who have had the opportunity to committ to a school. It just goes to show that hard work and perseverence pay off in the long run.

Great Choice!
As former teammates of my son, I would like to say that it is an extreme honor to see the following young men go off to college and play baseball...they are all very gifted and very humble...this world could use a lot more of their character:

Robert Huber - Duke
Brett Johnson - TCU
Doug Ashby - Baylor

Although my son has focused on the other sport (FB)...he will be in the Ivy League playing both FB and baseball...I'll let everyone know once he announces his choice.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.