Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Pick Johnson:
quote:
Originally posted by Some call me the space doctor, some call:

Let me get my checkbook then, just one more payment and my boy will on his way to "the best college program or the professional ranks". Wink

Your son probably needs to try out first though to see if they will take your money. Good luck.

Trying reading all of the words, he was already issued an invite.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Nocahoma:
Didn't we have this same discussion last year and the year before. Confused

Deja vu all over again. crazy

quote:
Originally posted by tychco:
I really don't know why this gets everyone going each year.

Because its a real healthy thing to have annual reviews for some stuff. Especially the good stuff.
Last edited by wraggArm
I don't understand all the hoopla about how much D-bat/Mustangs make.
They only organize,host,run,invite coaches(D1,D2,D3,JUCO), pro-scouts from many teams, they should make a profit for bringing it all together. I don't think its excessive either, my son works at a movie theater that avgs 7500 Cokes sold on the avg of $4.50 each over a weekend.
Total money brought in: $33,750.00
Total cost of cup,soda: .15x 7500 1,125.00
Total profit $31,625.00
So be mad when you order that coke and don't forget $4.50 for that box of milkduds that costs .98c at Walmart.

And no I don't have a son that plays for D-Bat.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pick Johnson:
quote:

Let me get my checkbook then, just one more payment and my boy will on his way to "the best college program or the professional ranks". Wink

Your son probably needs to try out first though to see if they will take your money. Good luck.

Trying reading all of the words, he was already issued an invite.

Why mess up a good story with facts?
quote:
Originally posted by Out in LF:
...my son works at a movie theater that avgs 7500 Cokes sold on the avg of $4.50 each over a weekend.
Total money brought in: $33,750.00
Total cost of cup,soda: .15x 7500 1,125.00
Total profit $31,625.00

Yeah, but that's Gross Profit, not Net. A little known fact is that the rest of the margin gets eaten up in operating costs, because it takes an average of 6.5 minutes for the tyical HS-aged kid to pour a single soda, and another 8 minutes to wonder over to the popcorn machine to grab a box of stale pop corn.

Of course, Out in LF Jr. notwithstanding, I'm sure...
Last edited by wraggArm

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.