Skip to main content

After considering my options for colleges I decided to attend Northeastern University for academic reasons. Unfortunately this was not one of the schools I considered early on and therefor not a school I pursued for baseball. What would be the best way to approach recruiting at this time. I am a 6'1" RHP 200lb. who throws mid 80's and will be playing on a competitive 18U team for the 2011 summer season.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would immediately get in touch with the recruiting and/or head coach and let them know of your plans. Talk with him about what their roster looks like and what it will take to make the team. Let him know you summer schedule so he can get out and take a look at you. Ask about their summer strength and condition program and ask for a copy of it and let them know that you are prepared to work hard in making their roster even though you were not in contact with them. Let them know which programs were recruiting you and give them your summer team and HS coach’s numbers so they can get additional information if they want it. By being proactive and working hard over the summer you have the best chance to make the team.

Good Luck!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.