Skip to main content

John F,

Excellent. I think that looks good.  Creative thinking...it would be awesome  

Could the state realign and get 4 six-team divisions.  Play everyone in your division three times.  (Personally, I would love the idea of a Saturday DH, Merrimack vs.BG DH Saturday at Holman, single game Monday at Merrimack.  A true test of depth and who has the better team)  Pick-up 5 non-conference opponents.  Conference winners are seeded 1-4 based on a committee made up of the coaches.  Conference runner-ups are in as well.  Now we can cut the tourney down to 8 teams with.....The possibilities are endless.  Ha Ha. But I'm just dreaming.  It won't happen in my life time.

While I have asked to have my dad take down his post I respect his and your right to your opinion. That being said I would be curious as to which of my players you feel doesn't deserve their placement. You want to throw statistics out there then perhaps you should go to the team website www.lancersbaseball.com. I would throw them up against any of the "slighted" kids you would put up. 

I have already acknowledged Exeter's solid win on Saturday, I have nothing more to say on that. Yet, according to your "logic" the 2007 Patriots should have steamrolled the Giants. The Penguins should have beat the crap out of the Bruins this year, and the 2004 Yankees should have won in 4 against the Red Sox. I see a problem with your thought process. 
The bottom line is simple, there is no perfect system, but there are plenty of sour-grapes out there to point that out. 

Influence??  If you actually knew any coaches you would know that none of that matters to them, they only want the best for their kids and will fight for it, most of them are dedicated to their jobs and their kids. I want to promote NH baseball as much as I possibly can, but people like you make me want to question that motivation.

Respectfully,
Coach Brent Demas

Londonderry

They didn't win. It happens.  Every year in basketball people discuss whether or not they should pick all-state after the tourney.  The arguments are good either way.  I wonder if they held the meeting yesterday, would 19 coaches be there? 

So, what happens if....let's just say, the Merrimack coach doesn't vote for Coach Demas' players?  Is the Merrimack coach's stud right-hander not getting an invite to the Londonderry pitching showcase?  Does the JV team now have to try to get into Trinity's JV tourney?  What power can this man have?  Will he will beat you 33-7?

Seriously, Undue influence equals power. He is respected, I am sure. Like I said earlier, I do not know him, but I have to respect what he does.  

It reminds me of the negative discussion about the GSBL fall Showcase League and how too many Londonderry players were playing in it.   Maybe that's why they finished with a 20-4 record?  Yes, they didn't win, but that's part of the beauty of baseball.

Just a note, last year North had 6 players All-state.  They lost in the semi's. Londonderry and a few others had 5.

2011 Londonderry had 4, North had 6.  If I had more time I would look for a pattern. 

Awards are great, buy what really counts is how the player preforms on the field and the right people, (college coaches), can see the talent.  Because I can tell you that at the college level 1st, 2nd, 3rd team doesn't matter, if you don't perform there is someone waiting to take your place.  Don't all wrapped up about it, lets see were these players are in a couple of years an if they are still playing in college and getting playing time.  That is the really measure of there ability. 

Popcorn!!  Peanuts!!!  Cold Beeer!!!! (or Beeeeahhhh)!!!!

Who should be on an all-state team is an unwinnable argument as is how the team is selected. This year Londonderry had a good team of ballplayers.  That was built up through years of hard work by many. In the penultimate high school game they lost to a better team on that day. They've been champions of the Fall Wood Bat League a couple of times, they did well in Babe Ruth, they did well in Cal Ripken. It's a program that coaches and parents are committed to. Congrats to them for all their successes - hard to believe any of those achievements aren't earned.  I may not like losing to them, but I certainly can respect what it takes to get on top and stay on top.  FWIW: Like Mike - I don't know Coach Demas personally, I know OF Coach Demas. I probably wouldn't recognize him without his uniform :-).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.