Skip to main content

JB, I'm so new around here, I'm not completely sure if you are hosing me or being sincere. But you seem like a stand-up guy, so I will take you at your word. Thanks for your kind comments!

I was a youth coach and am father of multiple kids who are/have gone through the recruiting process in multiple sports. My opinions are based on what I have seen with my kids and some other players at the youth-high school-college levels.

I know I am not always (or even often) right. But if I think something is true and might help folks I get the urge to post it up. Same thing, from the disagreement side, if I see something that I think is wrong. I can already tell that sometimes this might brush up against the "feel-good" atmosphere here. (the feel-good atmosphere is a good thing).

By the way, that's why I support Midlo's comments in the 2014 Anxiety thread, where he is getting some pushback for giving what I think is excellent but maybe unpopular advice.

Anyway, thanks for the shout-out, JB!

IF and when a school makes an offer its not the kid who agree's or disagree's to accept it it is the parents who are paying for it and are still Parenting their child on where they go to school..how much they can afford etc etc.  I would also say if its not in writing it dont exist i know a school right now who has 47 kids who are either slated as preffered walk ons or verbals...we all know they aint takin 47. Also they take scholarships away as fast as they offer them so make sure anything is in writing..verbals mean very little. Its like verbal agreement to buy a car..you aint driving it yet and they still have it on the lot 

JB, I'm so new around here, I'm not completely sure if you are hosing me or being sincere. But you seem like a stand-up guy, so I will take you at your word. Thanks for your kind comments!

Absolutely was not hosing you.  Completely sincere.

Just thinking I haven't seen a poster "arrive" here in a long time with so much knowledge coming through the door...that it would be helpful for most to know a little more about you.  That and your reference to "Stotzy." 

Thanks for responding!  (Many would not have. ).

Last edited by justbaseball

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.