Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

According to Roger Brown - Londonderry is the team with the target in D1

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston...n-to-n-h-state-final

Recent Telegraph article has Nashua area teams recaps

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com...ball-teams-look.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see Memorial do well... Pinkerton has a couple of good pitchers... Not sure about Seacoast teams... Should be a very interesting year - at least fields are clear in the southern tier of the state.  Last I read the same cannot be said about the northern tier where there's still snow piled high and deep.

It is good to see sunshine and baseball in New Hampshire.

My disclaimer—most of this is speculation.  I don’t know everyone and I don’t know nearly enough.  My apologies.

Alvirne @ Central.  Tyler Brown vs. Collin Duffley

Everyone knows about Tyler Brown.  I’m simply wondering about Duffley. I saw him throw once in the fall.   I was impressed by his frame and mechanics.   I’m wondering if he is throwing.

BG @ Bedford.  Andy Williams or Jason Ferlan  vs. Lanuzza (a big lefty)

Not sure of much.  Eric Damphousse brings a lot to the table for BG.  For Bedford Nick Angelini will set the table.  Kyle Anderson had a good fall in the Showcase League, not sure where he will be playing.

Exeter @ North. James Mundy vs. Zach Smith

Defending champions play for the first time in a long time without their leader, Ethan Joyce.  North is usually tough.

Londonderry @ Memorial. RobbieDelSignore vs. Kevin Gonzalez

Lancers predicted to be #1 in most minds.  Hard to disagree with that.  Lots of experience and many solid ballplayers in Londonderry. Saw Gonzalez a little this past fall in the Showcase League.  He had some good outings on the hill. Other than that, I don’t know much about Memorial, except their basketball team came very close to a semi-final upset over Central.

Merrimack @ Dover.  EvanMcCormick vs. Anthony Lupi

McCormick had a good year last spring for a senior-loaded team.  Only one defensive starter, Mickey Gasper, returns.  Devin Gillis had a good year with the bat last spring as a pitcher/DH. How quickly the inexperience develops will be the key.  Now a senior, Lupi has been a solid pitcher since sophomore year.  Mike Wasserman played well in the Fall Showcase League.

South @ Keene   

Keene’s Parenteau is solid on the hill and at the plate.

Timberlane @ Spaulding.  Jake Damphousse vs.  

Trinity @ Concord. Carmen G vs. Josh Partridge

Good match-up of left-handers. 

Ok, Bobby D.  There you go.  Fill in the holes.  I left you many.

Have a great season.

BG/Bedford: It won't be Jason today - he's going later in the week. He had a 4 inning "tuneup" this past Friday vs. a senior depleted Pelham team (6 quit on Thursday). Should be Andy today. At Bedford the C's have to keep everything in front of them because it's two bus stops to the backstop if a pitcher is wild - lots of "free bases". :-)

TGIBS - 'cause this long, unending winter has been brutal...

Exeter/North was 11 innings... I think that happened last year too where they hooked up in Exeter until darkness... IIRC, North ended up going back for an inning or two after some other game they had out on the seacoast (vs. Winni perhaps?).

I see that Brown started vs. Central, but ran into early trouble... By second inning they went to Hudson who held Central in check the rest of the way, but the damage was done and of course they were held in check... That'll mess up the pitching for the rest of the week for Alvirne unless they try to go back to Brown.

Couple of other surprises (at least for me in the southern part of the state) - Windham beat Goffstown and Raymond over Campbell

Also see from lancerbaseball.com that their game against Memorial is on Thurs @ Gill

so what players are going on to play at the next level this year?  I know Lupi (Dover) is going to Merrimack, and Hauze (Winni) and Mezquita (Exeter) are going to Southern Maine, and Gasper (Merri) is headed to Bryant (congrats Mike).  Carmen is headed to BC and DelSignore is going to SNHU. MacHardy (Winni) is doing a PG year at Bridgton Academy and Donahue (Pinkerton) is also doing a PG year in CT (can't remember the school).   I'm sure there are many more I am not aware of...

18 teams in play today on a cold, windy, snowy Wednesday including season openers for Pinkerton, Salem and Winni.  Londonderry waits another day to start their ascent to the top of the mountain.  A couple of teams looking to bounce back after opening losses, a couple of teams hoping their pitching depth will get them W's when their ace isn't on the mound.  What are the games of the day to watch out for?

In looking at today’s schedule, I’m thinking this early in the season, every game is big,  If you are 1-0, 2-0 sounds good, if you’re 0-1, then you obviously want to get the first W up on the board.  And then you have the season openers for five teams .

We have 2 match-ups of 0-1 teams, 3 match-ups of 1-0 teams, 2 match-ups where an 0-1 team is playing against a team playing their opener etc.

Game–day #2 of an interesting week.  High winds will prevail again.  It was unbelievable with snow on the ground this morning and at Dover on Monday with the wind steady in and across the diamond. The only difference today, it will be cold.

In a battle of two 1-0 teams BG will have to deal with the Green Wave and the wind.  Should be Jason Ferlan on the hill for Guertin.   Never mind this one has been ppd. Smart decision.

In the other battle of the undefeated, Spaulding will travel to Keene and possible have to deal with Alex Parenteau and some heat.

Play well.

Last edited by mike gasper

Jason was destined for the Exeter start - today was going to be Jake Burbank.  The game vs. Exeter is tomorrow at 4P at Holman since Friday is Good Friday.

PPD makes for interesting beginning of next week w/ rides to Keene on Monday and Dover on Tuesday barring bad weather changes. These are the only "long" trips of the season and they're back2back followed by homie vs. Londonderry... Two of BG's road games this year are at Holman with other trips to Memorial, Merrimack, Timberlane, & Trinity in state.  A trip to Andover, MA is also on the docket. As a senior parent - it's kind of nice.

John, Nice to see a day like tomorrow where a fan gets to see a game.  Your road schedule looks decent.   I believe Merrimack has Dover, Timberlane, Exeter, Winnie, and Salem all on the road.

Steve,  Lupi is one of my favorite pitchers to watch, I still speak a game he threw as a soph.  I have seen him better than Monday, although he made pitches when they counted.   Two pick-offs were big.  He has a great move.  Didn't factor in the decision.  Threw five blanks, then left in the 6th after loading the bases.  All three scored to tie the game.  Lupi pitches.  There are a few good lefties in NH D1 this year, Partridge, Giampetruzzi,(who battled on Monday) and Robbie Del Signore to name some of favorites.   Then there Cam Lafleur @ Hollis whome I like as well.

Mike, thanks for the info on Lupi.  My son will be playing with him at Merrimack College in the Fall so I'm rooting for Lupi from a far. 

Another lefty I like is Tyler Keim at John Stark.  Will probably get to see him throw on Monday against HB.  He's always been solid when I've seen him face my son's team.  Ryan Britton of Milford has decent size and should project well. He just needs to add a few MPH to his fastball.  There were bunches of lefties at the Junior's Game this past spring and at the LHS showcase.  Must be something in the water this year.

A couple of lopsided wins on the seacoast for Exeter over Trinity and Winni over South.  Exeter moves to 2-0.  It was bitter and blustery at the beach as MacHardy (another premier lefty in the state) cruised with 7 K's and a no hitter into the 5th in difficult conditions on the way to a 9-1 final for Winni.  An errant flip for a potential double play in the second opened the floodgates for a big 5 run inning.  Exeter faces BG today,  Dover plays Central tomorrow and Winni has North home Monday.

That's right, Seacoast,  I know about McHardy, just never get to see him much.  And Ryan Britton, saw him a lot in the fall.  I believe he lost a tough 3-2 decision on opening day to Con-val and Ivon Clough.

How about Central.  2-0, allowing only 3 runs.  

I took a look at Salem's schedule.  They open Friday and have 9 games in 16 days. Then they have 3 days off and then come back with 9 games in 17 days.  That appears to be the toughest stretch that I see in the state. I hope they have a lot of arms.  Hope the weather cooperates.

What is North doing tomorrow?  NHIAA has them listed as playing @ Alvirne and @ Salem.  Is it a split squad?

Today:

2-0 Exeter @ 1-0 BG looks interesting. 

Tomorrow:

Aside from North's doubleheader, we have 

0-0 Londonderry @ 1-0 Spaulding:  Londonderry gets their season underway, and then hosts Pinkerton on Saturday.  

1-1 Timberlane @ 0-0 Memorial:  Shortstop Jason Hughes with the glove and Tyler Cammeron with the bat looked solid vs. Merrimack, but the Owls will be playing their third game this week while the season opens for Memorial.  Could be a difference maker.  Heard Jake Damphousse is injured for Timberlane.

1-0 Keene @ 1-0 Pinkerton:  This will be a good one to watch.

2-0 Central @ 1-0 Dover: #3 starter vs. #2.  We will learn something about Central, who have pitched well in their first two.

1-1 Concord @ 0-2 South:   We shall see. Hopefully the sun will be out in Southern NH.

0-2 Merrimack @ 0-2 Bedford: Something has to give, right?  I repeat. Hopefully the sun will be out in Southern NH.

Mike - see the bottom of my 4-15 @ 9:56 AM post :-)

BG 7-0 over Exeter today. Single run in 2nd, 2 in 4th, 1 in 5th, and 3 in 6th against the 2nd pitcher of the day.  Exeter was down to 4 & 5.  Darn cold in the stadium today. Jason went 6, 10K's, 4 hits, 2 BB, 1 HPB.  Not a bad day.

We've been "guaranteed" it'll be 80 for our next home game - I sure hope so, but kind of doubt it!

Originally Posted by seacoastbaseball:

so what players are going on to play at the next level this year?  I know Lupi (Dover) is going to Merrimack, and Hauze (Winni) and Mezquita (Exeter) are going to Southern Maine, and Gasper (Merri) is headed to Bryant (congrats Mike).  Carmen is headed to BC and DelSignore is going to SNHU. MacHardy (Winni) is doing a PG year at Bridgton Academy and Donahue (Pinkerton) is also doing a PG year in CT (can't remember the school).   I'm sure there are many more I am not aware of...

Peterson from Wndham will be going to Umass- Lowell.

Originally Posted by SteveL:

Mike, thanks for the info on Lupi.  My son will be playing with him at Merrimack College in the Fall so I'm rooting for Lupi from a far. 

Another lefty I like is Tyler Keim at John Stark.  Will probably get to see him throw on Monday against HB.  He's always been solid when I've seen him face my son's team.  Ryan Britton of Milford has decent size and should project well. He just needs to add a few MPH to his fastball.  There were bunches of lefties at the Junior's Game this past spring and at the LHS showcase.  Must be something in the water this year.

Tyler Keim is out of pitching for 2 weeks with a UCL sprain. He will still play first base until his elbow is recovered

Took in the Londonderry vs. Pinkerton game on Saturday. Glad I did!

Great game in a pitching duel against a senior (Corey Londonderry) vs. sophomore(Polichetti Pinkerton). Both went the distance but experience won 4-2 Great performance by both kids. Corey was very crafty and kept Pinkerton off balance entire game although he seemed to tire and the sophomore seemed to get stronger as game went on. Corey was the more seasoned pitcher and Londonderry seemed to have better bats with more timely hitting, however Pinkerton was one hit away from beating them and was a little snake bitten with a few lucky hits. Polichetti was very impressive for a Sophomore. The kid has great mound presence and seems to have a knack for throwing a big pitch when he needs to. I heard that these guys were not the aces for their respective teams........I can't wait to see the two aces go at it.

I was at the game too as my son plays for Londonerry, and agree with this poster's overall assessment that both pitchers did well but don't recall remember any cheap hits by Londonderry.  Londonderry had nine hits two of which were doubles and a few hard hit singles.  Tommy Corey pitched all 7 innings for Londonderry threw a total of 112 pitches, struck out 8, allowed 1 walk and 4 hits, not sure of Johnny Polichetti's numbers.  It was an interesting game and I look forward to seeing the next one.

Originally Posted by SteveL:

Thanks David.  Any idea if Keim is playing college ball and if so, where he's going?

New news, Keim just got cleared to pitch by his doctors so he will most likely be on the mound vs Hollis today. He got offers from D2 schools but isn't very interested in college ball (Just wants to get an education and go to work) So he will be attending NHTI and playing baseball there.

Keim looked great today for Stark.  He went into the 8th inning before taking a 2-1 loss.  He probably should've been pulled earlier especially given his recent arm injury but really pitched well.  Hollis Brookline slowly caught up to him as the game wore on. I never saw anyone warming up for Stark and am not sure of their bullpen situation.  For Hollis Brookline, Whelan, Buckley and Grant combined to hold Stark to one run. The starter Whelan pitched the first five.

Hey Tyler -

Thanks for logging in and providing some info.  I'm guessing if you started the last inning at 97 pitches, then you probably ended around 110, give or take a few.  I'm very pleased that you didn't experience pain, and congratulations on a great outing.  Be careful with your arm, that's quite a bit of work for your first outing, but you know your body best.  I'm in no way suggesting that it is too much if both you and your coach are comfortable with how it went and how you feel.  Best of luck to you and your team this season, and good luck with whatever you choose to do next year.  Again, congrats on a solid outing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.