Skip to main content

When your roster limit is 35 and you have 23 freshman recruits, its hard to make the case that your program cares about its players.  You are essentially taking some of the top talent away from other schools (I guess that is the point) where they would have a bigger role.  On the other hand, baseball is a way to get into some of these top schools when you normally couldn't at least until the baseball program decides you're not living up to your projected potential.  

JLC posted:

When your roster limit is 35 and you have 23 freshman recruits, its hard to make the case that your program cares about its players.  You are essentially taking some of the top talent away from other schools (I guess that is the point) where they would have a bigger role.  On the other hand, baseball is a way to get into some of these top schools when you normally couldn't at least until the baseball program decides you're not living up to your projected potential.  

One cannot, not agree with your post. 

Considering that a kid has other offers, doesn't some of the responsibility fall on the parents/kids to look at who the schools have signed the year before and at what positions, as well as their graduating class?

I understand that you'll have to compete regardless of where you end up but I think the goal is to play as quickly as possible. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.