Skip to main content

For 21’s (my son), 22’s and 23’s- if you have the talent, seems to be a good time to target D1 schools that don’t have graduate programs. You’ll have a higher likelihood of getting on the field (no grad transfers, no 5th years), proving yourself, and maybe even transferring later to a higher conference if that makes sense. Think schools like Davidson, Holy Cross etc. No big scholarship money at many of those schools but you’ll get the chance to make a name for yourself.

If you’re wondering about timing and commitments for the class of 2022, here’s some data.

8 months ago, I took the Class of 2022 top catchers rankings lists in my state for both PG and PBR and did a cross reference to come up with an overall “Top 23” list.

It really wasn’t hard since the same kids were basically at the top of both lists, some kids made both lists somewhere, or, if they only made one list but were high up on that one list, they made the Top 23.

It’s not a perfect list because it’s not a perfect method.  But, it’s a fair list and I doubt any of the top 2022 C’s in our state are missing.  For sure, the kids all have the size and metrics.  And, they play on good, competitive, teams.  There’s no question that they are all legitimate college prospects.

Today, 8 months later, I looked at the list and did a little research.  (Thanks to google, PG and PBR, it’s not really hard research and very quick to do.)

Two of the Top 23 have reclassed – bringing the total to 21.  And, 12 of the 21 are now committed.  (This leaves 9 not committed.)

But, I did rank the 23, using a weighted system off the PG and PBR rankings.  And, for what it’s worth, if you just look at the TOP SIXTEEN – then one reclassed and 12 of the remaining 15 are all committed.

That’s 80% of the Top 15 2022s in my state at C being committed as of today, FWIW.

And, yeah, I was a little bored today and had some free time.

Last edited by Francis7

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.