Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Arl. Lamar vs Arl. Martin @ 7pm

Should be Drew Johnson vs either Shane Griffin or Kevin Winter

A Martin win gives them the district title out right and a lose ties them with Duncanville if they win tonight. A win and Martin plays either South Grand Prairie or Irving MacArthur and a lose sets up a date with Dtiger and the other Jesuit boys.
Last edited by 11sdad
Allen at Plano East -- East Senior night.

If East wins, they win the D9 district outright. Cool

If Allen wins and Plano West also wins vs. Berkner, then East and West share the district title and there will be a playoff seeding game tomorrow at 1:00 at Allen.

If Allen and Wylie tie for 3rd, they will meet in a playoff seeding game at Plano East at 11:00 tomorrow morning.

Current standings:

Plano East 11-2 (hosting Allen)
Plano West 10-3 (hosting Berkner)
Allen 9-4 (at East)
Wylie 9-4 (at Lake Highlands)

Go Panthers!
Last edited by Panther Dad
11s dad...

I know the Lamar/Martin game is a huge rivalry but I hope the Lamar coaches play all seniors at least for most of tonights game. Lamar has nothing to gain from the win but maybe confidence going into next season. Again, this probably won't happen, but there are many senior boys who will be walking onto the field for the last time tonight. They have invested 4 years into the program and I hope they are rewarded for that.
Your Martin team is very impressive and I wish you guys good luck in the play-offs.
11sdad,

i would also like to congratulate you guys on a very impressive season. we know a lot of your guys from our summer/fall team and it is good to see all of their (and their parents) hard work recognized by the high school and see the kids benefit from it.

goes to show what can happen when the high school team is run as a "program" i.e. developing talent at the freshman and JV levels, using Fall Ball to continue to develop a team atmosphere, and letting players use the skills they have developed during the summer and fall instead of trying to change them for the sake of change.
TAPPS 6A PLAYOFFS
THURSDAY night

Beau.Kelly 7 10 2
Bishop Lynch 8 6 0

Individual Leaders

WP--Jordan Hebert. LP--Charlie Jones. 2B--KELLY: Charlie Jones 1, Will Taylor 1. 3B--BL: John Gebhard 1.

Great game by the Friars came from behind in bottom of the 6th. John Gebhard had the game tying triple with 2 outs in the bottom 6th, scored on throwing area on the same play. Great team effort. they never quit

Gebhard 3-5 4 RBI'S
Jordan Hebert- came in and pitched with some guts
Alex Manarri- great d at first
Preston Beck- 2 great hits

up next for the Friars- Brownsville St. joseph in Brownsville
Unfortunately, I can confirm that Turner beat Hebron 9-8. While that may sound funny to some, it's a tough way to end the season for the Hawks. Just a bad night with our pitchers plunking batters (three) and each coming around to score, walks coming around to score, a catcher's interference that kept an inning going, a misplayed fly ball in CF that allowed three (#%$*&!) runs to score.

Hebron had the tying run at second with one out in bottom the seventh, but it remained there to the final out.

It will be easy for others to judge the collapse of Hebron as lack of talent. But that's just not right. There were some good players on that team, but just not enough depth. And that will catch up to you. This is a tough night for oldest Hawk son as there is no more HS ball. Four years of hard work should have paid off better than how it played out tonight. But. . .life isn't always fair. In what has been a very tough and somber baseball season for so many in the area, I'm so thankful for a healthy kid who had the time of his life.

Good luck to all the playoff teams. Enjoy the rest of the ride.
It's been a crazy night.

Allen ruined our Senior Night by beating us 11-1 -- but Plano West lost to Berkner and Lake Highlands beat Wylie. So, the Panthers are D9 champs! Ok, we backed into it a little. Smile Weat and Allen tied for 2nd and Wylie finished fourth. Allen versus West tomorrow at Plano East at 1:00 for seeding.

Rowlett over GNF for the D10 crown. Sachse takes 3rd with a win over Rockwall. The Rock against South Garland for 4th tomorrow.

Plano East verus Rockwall/SG winner in round 1.
West/Allen winner versus Sachse.
West/Allen loser versus GSF.
Wylie versus Rowlett.

I understand that the craziness wasn't limtied to D9 and D10...

Allen 11
Plano East 1

WP - Morganti

Leading hitter -- Alex Yarborough - 5-5 -- great game Alex Smile
Several great defensive plays by PE 2B Justin Snider.

Plano East 11-3
Plano West 10-4
Allen 10-4
Wylie 9-5
quote:
Originally posted by Keller10:
Keller @ Haltom at 7

Keller is in 3rd right now, needs Colleyville to lose against Grapevine to be tied for 2nd. Colleyville needs to win and Carroll lose to be tied for 1st. 4th spot between Grapevine and Central.

Grapevine defeats Colleyville Heritage 8-6 in 8 Innings....Grapevine and Keller Central Play Saturday at Noon @ Heritage for Playoff Spot
I would like to give some props to a 5’6 150 pound pitcher that pitched his little a** off tonight. Kyle M. threw an unbelievable gem tonight. He kept running a 79-80 MPH sinker in on the Irving hitters and kept them off balance all night. Blake B also threw a great game tonight. Good luck to both teams next week.
McKinney North 15
Little Elm 0

5 innings

North pounded out 17 hits in route to the run rule win

WP-Tyler Steed 5IP 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 7K (4-1)

Tyler had a perfect game for 4-1/3 innings.

Leading Hitters for North:
Woody Ross 4-4 2-1B,1-2B, 1-3B
Nico Taylor 3-3 1-1B, 2-HR 4RBI (4th straight game Nico's hit a HR)
Trent Appleby 2-2 2RBI
Trey Sorrells 2-3 1-2B 3RBI
Garrett Yates 3-3 1-1B, 2-3B 2RBI

McKinney beat Frisco Centennial tonight 7-2.

McKinney North and McKinney are Co-District Champions and there will be a playoff seeding game tomorrow afternoon to see who will be the one and two seeds. Game time 4pm @ McKinney Boyd HS.

Matt Lackie vs. Tanner Moore.
Last edited by Old Pitcher
KCR- 5ft 9!!!! At least 5ft 8. Ha! I'm also up to 160. Big Grin I need all the numbers I can get.

I'd also like to say that's the most excitement that's ever been at a Jesuit game I've been too. People "packed" that place... And that's for one main reason... BB. He's an amazing pitcher. He brought those coaches, those kids, those extra sets of family members who I've been telling them all year they need to see him. There are other kids around this area that deserve more credit than they get, but he is sensational.
Last edited by Dtiger
Hawkman,
The word that come to mind tonight about your game is SHOCK. During our game tonight I kept hoping you would call back to say your team had taken the lead and the win. But the call never came in.....and it made me sad for you, your team and your fans.

You guys have an amazing team and you are right it shouldn't have ended this way. All along I thought it would be you guys in the playoff position.....

Your son J.P. is an amazing baseball player and his brother is right on his heels. And you and I both know that if our first basebman had not made that amazing catch this past Wednesday you guys would have scored 2 if not 3 runs off that hit and the outcome of the game could have been so different, it was your son that had that hit and it was a SHOT!

I am so sorry the HS season has come to an end and hopefully tomorrow will bring a day that will help your son realize all that he has accomplished this year not only as a player but as a teammate. He has a LOT more baseball ahead of him and I wish him the best!!!!!

Congrats on a great season, the Hawks had a great ride!
Last edited by oldbat-never
Arl. Martin - 4
Arl. Lamar - 3

Martin:
P - Kevin Winter - 6 1/3i, 3r, 9h
WP - Shane Griffin (7-0) - 1 2/3i, 0r, 0h, 2k's

Lamar:
P - Drew Johnson - 6 2/3i, 3r, 4h
LP - Shane Laronde - 1 1/3i, 1r, 0h

I could be wrong but I think all 7 runs were unearned runs. Good game pitched by all 4 guys and Martin won it on an error in the bottom of the 8th.
Last edited by 11sdad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.