Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
Haven't seen Keller with my own eyes, going to try to break out of prison, er, I mean work and go watch today at 4pm.

Heard they beat FM and Boswell this weekend.

The people I have talked to say Keller looks very good...getting great hitting and very good early pitching. May be the team to beat in 5-5A along with Colleyville Heritage. Grapevine may not be far behind.
Collikar:

Colleyville update.....Have not seen any Varsity roster yet. Very large senior class with 4 Jr. players to date. Everyone is playing..... hard to judge the team with so many coming in and out. Hitting looks better than last year. Pitchers are many ...

Have played Weatherford, Berkner, Lewisville, and Creekview tonight. We will play Bell and Boswell on Saturday....11:00 and 3:00
quote:
Originally posted by keller rocks:
kaleb merck is the number 1 for keller but our number 2 is a good question

everything you are hearing is true
we have good bats and our pitching is surprising

You all will have a nice, balanced team with a dominating starter. Good things lay ahead for you, even in that tough district. I was just kind of wondering who will step up for us on the mound, not just in a scrimmage but throughout the season. These things keep me awake at night.

The moderators have elected tychco as this year's winner of "Sandbagger of the Year". Congratulations bud! You will do a nice job representing the HSBBWEB sandbaggers, following in the footsteps of last year's winner, 11sdad.

But I agree that one of the worst things to hear as the coach looks down the bench, trying to determine a replacement for his shelled pitcher......"NEXT!!!" Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:

The moderators have elected tychco as this year's winner of "Sandbagger of the Year". Congratulations bud! You will do a nice job representing the HSBBWEB sandbaggers, following in the footsteps of last year's winner, 11sdad.

Your right PD he is sandbagging. I was at the game where the pitchers looked good and the balls were flying everywhere! Oh wait a minute, let me check my notes No I have it wrong, it was Fossil Ridge who looked good as we seem to be trying to figure out how to catch a ball. (Insert my son here) There were so many hit that we had a lot of chances to figure it out Mad

On a side note, TYCHO'S son looked good at the plate last night 3-3 with a HR!
Last edited by threeboysdad
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:

I just call 'em like I see 'em...they replaced the chain link backstop at NHS with thin glass because it was cheaper and no balls were getting back there fast enough to break it. Cool
quote:
I just call 'em like I see 'em...they replaced the chain link backstop at NHS with thin glass because it was cheaper and no balls were getting back there fast enough to break it.

LMOA.....Your sarcasm license has reached the lifetime benefits level, and you are now being considered for the Hall of Fame....

Scott, How did Fossil Ridge look? especially need to know how Putnam and Avley were on the mound? defense, offense, ect..
Last edited by nortexbaseball
quote:
Originally posted by nortexbaseball:
quote:
I just call 'em like I see 'em...they replaced the chain link backstop at NHS with thin glass because it was cheaper and no balls were getting back there fast enough to break it.

LMOA.....Your sarcasm license has reached the lifetime benefits level, and you are now being considered for the Hall of Fame....

Scott, How did Fossil Ridge look? especially need to know how Putnam and Avley were on the mound? defense, offense, ect..

I actually missed that one as tychcokid#2 had some hoops action, so my evaluation was second hand. Having said, my sources tell me Fossil looked good and we didn't. Alvey didn't throw against us...he threw against Mansfield in the first game of the day. My sources were not familiar with Putman so I don't know there. I need better sources, but she cooks good and is a good speller.

As a team, they hit ok, but they were good defensively. I think NHS only manged 4 or 5 hits, so they weren't challenged much. Delaney is a good guy and a good coach, so they should do well in their swan song season in 4A.
Hmmmm....Keller didn't impress me tonight. They booted the ball around, their guys that should be competing for the #2 spot weren't on their game. Not a single one of them. Not good news for Coach Stramp.

They did hit the ball, but Hebron must have scored 20 on them.

I know it's just a scrimmage, but it wasn't a good one.

Merck did look good. Lots of movement and I would guess he was cruising at 90. But that's not a Juggs or a Stalker, that's a dad sitting in the stands, me.

It was cold once that sun went down.
Last edited by KellerDad
And from the other side of the stands. . .nice to see Hebron stroke the ball for a second straight game. Home runs by Putman and Tarpley in the same inning, two run-scoring doubles by McCarver (and a hit off Merck), and a two-run triple by Payne helped break it open.

Nice pitching from Padmore, Angus and Neyen - all of whom were on JV a year ago. It's just a scrimmage, but it made a long trip home a little nicer.

And, yes, Merck did look good. Great movement on his pitches.
Last edited by Hawkman

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.