Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wakeland is the only team that has 2 #1 pitchers so you have to like their chances to repeat. Centennial, Frisco, and Creekview each have a returning starter but I'm uncertain about the rest of their pitching. Frisco has some returning firepower at the top of their lineup as does Centennial, not sure about Creekview. Clemson, I think you nailed the top 4 -- one could make an arguement to the order but at this stage looks good to me. Bethard, Schwanke, Nixon, Miller, Howard --- all going to be tough to beat this year.
Wakeland lost 5 starters that ended the season above .400 batting average. Heinrech, Swan, O'Hearn, McCracken, and Swanner. I think that is a ton of fire power that has to be replaced and a ton of pressure put on Schwanke/Nixon. Hopefully some new guys will step up and Wakeland will produce some run support. Remember, just two years ago we were all graced with watching two 1st rounders from McKinney, Lee/Lipka! No runs support unfortunately cause McKinney to exit a forsure trip to Austin. We'll see....
Dominating at the JV level as Juniors hardly translates to "strongest team it has ever put on the field". Wakeland will win the district and Frisco, Centennial, and Creekview will fight it out for the other three playoff spots. Stats--you guys need to ride JB, he's your ticket to the 2nd seed! If he falters say hi to Heath and "Big Train" in round one.
The JV reference to last year was for Sophomores. Half of last year's sophomores would have been on the Varsity roster of almost all of the other teams in the district. However, it was all about getting more playing time for everyone, and developing the pitching staff. Granted Wakeland is the favorite for the district - they have certainly earned it - but it is not guaranteed. I recall last season that CHS JV swept WHS JV 7-1 & 14-7. The new crop of CHS Juniors will contribute and give all the support JB needs. It should be a great season.
Went across the toll road to catch some of the Frisco/Dentom scrimmage on Friday. I understand it's early but the Raccoons looked awful. I only watched the first few innings and they had at least 5 E's and zero pop at the plate. A couple of their pitchers looked strong and threw hard but overall not what I expected. We open district VS them again this year and I'm expecting a different result than last years opener.
Out at DP Ballpark watching The Colony v. Liberty and cannot believe that Liberty pitcher was left in for full 7 throwing 130+ pitches. It's February in non-district action. I feel sorry for the rest of the Liberty pitchers this season - if they have any. Poor kid won't be able to hold his arm up for a couple of days. He was a warrior out there :-)
quote:
Originally posted by StatMongrel:
Out at DP Ballpark watching The Colony v. Liberty and cannot believe that Liberty pitcher was left in for full 7 throwing 130+ pitches. It's February in non-district action. I feel sorry for the rest of the Liberty pitchers this season - if they have any. Poor kid won't be able to hold his arm up for a couple of days. He was a warrior out there :-)

Stat Mongrel- Make sure you have correct info before making a post.

The guy who started for Liberty is one my players. He threw 3 innings, 50 pitches.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by StatMongrel:

Stat Mongrel- Make sure you have correct info before making a post.

The guy who started for Liberty is one my players. He threw 3 innings, 50 pitches.

It looks like this is one of those...They all look the same out there with no numbers on....
quote:
Originally posted by Clemson896:
Good lesson...not all scorers on GameChanger are created equal.

True story. One day a mom asked me the score, so I told her. She didn't think it was right even though I was keeping a book. The lady next to me also had a book and confirmed. 3rd book also had the same. She didn't believe until the guy keeping score on game changer also confirmed. LOL.
quote:
Originally posted by Clemson896:
So this week looks to change things around in the standings with Centennial taking on Creekview and Liberty (all won the first game). After non-district games complete, does anyone want to offer up revised predictions for the district?

Should be a good pitching matchup @ Creekview. See you there. I'll be the devilishly handsome man (just ask me) trotting a white lens back and forth for a little batting video of #20. Good luck (but not too much).
Last edited by Rookies
quote:
Originally posted by DPKing:
How does the district look now after centennial got beat by liberty on Friday?

Do I detect a subtle dig? But in response, I would say that Liberty is the surprise of the district thus far, atop the standings with Wakeland. Tough week ahead for Centennial after the loss to follow up with Wakeland and Frisco. Can expect to see some great pitching from Schwanke/Nixon and Miller.
As up April 2 -2012 Standings:
WAKELAND 7-0 13-7-0
CENTENNIAL 5-2 15-5-0
CREEKVIEW 5-2 8-8-0
LIBERTY 5-2 12-7-0
FRISCO 3-4 9-9-1
NEWMAN SMITH 1-5 2-11-0
HERITAGE 0-5 5-10-0
R.L. TURNER 0-6 1-9-0

Smith could have two more wins and might have beat Creekview last week. Would have dropped Creekview below Liberty.

== Comment removed by moderator. - MN-Mom ==

But, that's baseball.
Last edited by MN-Mom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.