Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
How many qualifiers are there?

And with so many quality teams here in Texas, why don't they just have one here besides the regional?

There are 2 qualifiers............West Coast and East Coast.

Mickey Mantle World Series can give you all the AABC run down, but I believe the WS host is allowed a qualifier and 1 is awarded elsewhere.

AABC governs these. It ain't like someone here can just throw together a qualifier. You must meet qualifications and what not.

Hence the reason for my last post. A qualifier host cannot exclude teams from entering. If Joe's Plumbing wanted to enter and was AABC sanctioned, they could enter as long as they met the time line the host implemented on entries.

Lake Highlands will continue to make an effort for WS Qualifiers because Rusty Hill realizes how special Farmington is. Again, until one attends, it's hard to grasp how special this event is.
Well, organizing and orchestrating one of these tournaments is no small feat....and their primary purpose is to provide outstanding competition in mid-season -- oh, and to make a little money. Smile I don't think the AZ Firebirds are intimidated by DBAT -- I just think the GM was a poor host during this particular week. Look for the easy explanation at times -- it's usually accurate.
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
their primary purpose is to provide outstanding competition in mid-season -

I would respectfully disagree........

Their primary purpose is to allow AABC teams opportunities to qualify for Farmington other than going the conventional route through state and regional tournaments.

AABC doesn't care if DBAT shows up or the team from BooKoo South Dakota shows up. As long as they are AABC sanctioned.

Now of coarse, a qualifier in itself will attract top level teams, but that's not AABC's primary concern.
Just in ........

LH Wildacts get tug of War 8-5 win over good Dallas Barracudas squad. They go 3-0 in pool to advance to 6 team bracket play at east AABC CMWS qualifier.

Maybe Rusty's team trip to Cooperstown yesterday provided added inspiration!!!

Anyway I heard the kids thought that it was great and also liked the temperatures being almost 40 degrees cooler than Phoenix was.

I say they should do a qualifier in Memphis I like that town and food!!!
Elvis music between innings.........think about it.

.....and at least you could drive there as an option being closer to Texas!

Win or lose I know these kids who get to make some great trips and make some great summer memories!

I do have to give kudos to Phoenix guys for use of their great facilities. We played at the A's, Giants and ASU ballparks.

What a thrill for the kids.
“Well gee, the young pups get to play the defending Connie Mack champions on their "home field" -- that doesn't sound very hospitable.”

“Our guy had velocity and good stuff. But the umps down here have onviously never seen a good lefty pick off move.”

“Seems the host team's GM is upset with DBAT. He's quite possessive of a certain dugout --- and lacks hospitality. DBAT GM, despite his gentle nature, almost had to "open up a can" on him. It's hot, the umps are short in stature and temper, and other than the Chandler Gilbert JC coach, the people are grumpy. But it's a great tournament -- WHAT A COUNTRY!”

“Chandler Wolves defeated DBAT 17 this afternoon. The local team played a near-perfect game and deserved to win.”

“The tournament director of the Phoenix deal (won by the Tigers) was overheard telling others that he would no longer invite multiple teams from DBAT....primarily because his feelings were hurt (poor baby). So, I suppose he finds another team from AZ, despite its talent level, thereby making it easier for his team to qualify. Alot of this stuff borders on the ridiculous.”

Come on PD Let’s try and stay positive! If the CM champs were more hospitable, the umps were taller and seen good LH pick off moves, The Wolves not been a local high school team making it easier on local teams to qualify harder on others and the tournament director not had his feelings hurt. I don’t think it would have changed the outcome. Let’s move on.
Last edited by knowitall
Reggie.
Just got the score myself. Thats crazy. The Cats bats are still pretty hot but I heard the Boston draft pick hit 3 HR's himself.

12 HR's for the game with a stiff wind to right. Both teams hit a bunch.

I can't ever imagine that in a game unless the required strike zone was batting practice!!!

Florida team is big and good.
We will see what Wildacts have left.
Tough bracket draw for Wildacts after coming out of maybe the toughest pool....heard both games were crazy today.
There were 3 HRs in the second game too.
I don't have player stats.
Florida game was close but got broke open in the 5th on a ball that just beyond the glove of outfielder. Well at least they got to play some really good competition.
I think its sightseeing in NYC from here on out. It will be interesting to see who wins out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.